FSchleyhahn

Roxio 2011 Professional - Burn Data Disc Not Responding

Question

I recently installed Roxio 2011 Professional and launching applications from its main menu worked fine for awhile, but for some reason, whenever I try to launch <Burn Data Disc> from the main menu, Roxio locks up and the only thing I can do is exit out of it. Just for grins, I let it run and about 30m later, the <Burn Data Disc> application finally started up.

I am able to launch this program by drilling down to C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio 2011\Creator Classic and launching Creator13 and it comes right up.

Any ideas or suggestions on how I can get this to work from the main menu just as fast as launching it from Creator13?

Thanks for your help.

Dell Studio XPS 8000

Intel Core i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz

8GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240

Windows 7 Professional x64

1 answer to this question

I recently installed Roxio 2011 Professional and launching applications from its main menu worked fine for awhile, but for some reason, whenever I try to launch <Burn Data Disc> from the main menu, Roxio locks up and the only thing I can do is exit out of it. Just for grins, I let it run and about 30m later, the <Burn Data Disc> application finally started up.

I am able to launch this program by drilling down to C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio 2011\Creator Classic and launching Creator13 and it comes right up.

Any ideas or suggestions on how I can get this to work from the main menu just as fast as launching it from Creator13?

Thanks for your help.

Dell Studio XPS 8000

Intel Core i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz

8GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240

Windows 7 Professional x64

It worked and then it won't work, what updates changes have you made/done to the PC?

Put the installation disc in a DVD drive, when the installer shows the repair option use it.