• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cannot Find Video Signal

LorraineR

Question

I am using a Dell Studio 1737, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, T6400@2.00 GHz, 4.00 GB, 64 bit.

Trying to connect to a Sony Handycam Digital 8 VCR (probably 8-10 years old), also to a RCA VHS player. Cannot get signal from either.

Roxio Easy VHS to DVD version: Build 201B23A

I have tried uninstall & reinstall, updating Roxio driver, updated my computer's display driver. I have contacted "chat" twice, and have an e-mail help ticket still open. All they do is point me to the self-help articles,which I try to follow to the letter.

When I open the program, all I see is myself on my webcam, and can hear audio of the sounds I make. Is my webcam getting in the way of the video signal? I made sure the cables were OK, by connecting the handycam to TV, and the video and audio play on the TV just fine.

This is very frustrating, as I feel I'm not getting the support from Roxio I think they should supply, especially just after purchase.

Can anyone help?

2 answers to this question

I am using a Dell Studio 1737, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, T6400@2.00 GHz, 4.00 GB, 64 bit.

Trying to connect to a Sony Handycam Digital 8 VCR (probably 8-10 years old), also to a RCA VHS player. Cannot get signal from either.

Roxio Easy VHS to DVD version: Build 201B23A

I have tried uninstall & reinstall, updating Roxio driver, updated my computer's display driver. I have contacted "chat" twice, and have an e-mail help ticket still open. All they do is point me to the self-help articles,which I try to follow to the letter.

When I open the program, all I see is myself on my webcam, and can hear audio of the sounds I make. Is my webcam getting in the way of the video signal? I made sure the cables were OK, by connecting the handycam to TV, and the video and audio play on the TV just fine.

This is very frustrating, as I feel I'm not getting the support from Roxio I think they should supply, especially just after purchase.

Can anyone help?

Disable your webcam.

Archived