• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Tivo Transfer Success!

qz3fwd

Question

So I finally took the plunge and purchased Toast Titanium Pro yesterday and installed it and enabled Tivo Transfers.

I was a bit hesitant to drop the kind of cash they charge after reviewing all of the negative discussion threads about things not working properly,

and I had gotten the impression that Roxio didnt support the product and was only milking the mac users.

However the money back gaurantee makes it a no risk proposition, so I pulled the trigger.

Well after entering my MAK the software immediately discovered all of my S3's and listed the NPL's.

I started a transfer last night before going to bed and noticed it was just as fast as on my PC, about realtime transfer.

Today I checked and the file came over in about an hour and later I will figure out how to edit/trim the tivo file now on my mac!

So far all is good.

BTW-I was a bit disturbed when I saw that the ToastPro DL was around 800+ MB, and there was a second 2.2 GB download.

What in gods name did they stuff into those dmg's? (Presumably royalty free AV artwork)

3 answers to this question

So I finally took the plunge and purchased Toast Titanium Pro yesterday and installed it and enabled Tivo Transfers.

I was a bit hesitant to drop the kind of cash they charge after reviewing all of the negative discussion threads about things not working properly,

and I had gotten the impression that Roxio didnt support the product and was only milking the mac users.

However the money back gaurantee makes it a no risk proposition, so I pulled the trigger.

Well after entering my MAK the software immediately discovered all of my S3's and listed the NPL's.

I started a transfer last night before going to bed and noticed it was just as fast as on my PC, about realtime transfer.

Today I checked and the file came over in about an hour and later I will figure out how to edit/trim the tivo file now on my mac!

So far all is good.

BTW-I was a bit disturbed when I saw that the ToastPro DL was around 800+ MB, and there was a second 2.2 GB download.

What in gods name did they stuff into those dmg's? (Presumably royalty free AV artwork)

Thanks for posting this info. I am one step behind you. I am interested in doing the same things.....transferring my TiVo recordings to my Macbook for editing and finally burning to DVD. I've hesitated as I've read very mixed reviews on how well this process works. One of my big concerns is whether copyright laws will cause my TV provider to prevent me from doing this. I HAVE thus far been able to transfer my shows from TiVo to a DVD recorder without any problems. So I will follow your posts here before I purchase Toast and thank you for the feedback in advance!

T. Transfer seems fine, however the editor kinda sucks. Open a transport stream and it says updating for a long while.

Setting edit points is easy enough, though not frame accurate. Save only saves the edit markers, not save to new transport stream.

This is a non-intuitive program.

Popcorn/parallels/videoredo would likely be a superior alternative.

I do not burn to DVD and leave the a/v in mpeg2.

Your ability to transfer is completely dependent on how your cable provider has flagged the content, and has nothing to do with tivo/roxio.

Always glad to hear from a happy user. The large download file for the Pro version is largely due to the audio files that are used with SonicFire Pro.

Archived