adaminvernon

Unable To Find Certificate File

Question

I have deleted everything i can find that says Roxio on my computer and I still get a window that pops up and says at the top:

Roxio Media Manager - Install Shield Wizard

Unable to Find Certificate File

This is driving me nuts as it pops up about every 10 or 15 minutes as well on start up.

HELP!!!!!!

Thanks in advance

17 answers to this question

I have deleted everything i can find that says Roxio on my computer and I still get a window that pops up and says at the top:

This is driving me nuts as it pops up about every 10 or 15 minutes as well on start up.

HELP!!!!!!

Thanks in advance

Did you delete the files, or did you uninstall the program? Did you shut down the Roxio running processes, via msconfig, before you did whatever you did? Why did you try to uninstall, or delete the software?

I probably should have been more clear in my original post.

I don't use this software and am not sure how it came to be om my computer.

I started getting this error a few weeks ago. So today I decided to uninstall everything Roxio using Revo Uninstaller.

I am not attempting to run the program it does this error all on its own at star up and then about every 15 minutes.

Thanks again.

You are correct. You were about as clear as mud. Try going through the gyrations, with Revo Uninstaller again.

HELP!!!!!!

Thanks in advance

Certificate or permission error when attempting to run Creator 2010 or 2011 applications.

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000244CR&PARAMS=set-locale=en

I probably should have been more clear in my original post.

I don't use this software and am not sure how it came to be om my computer.

I started getting this error a few weeks ago. So today I decided to uninstall everything Roxio using Revo Uninstaller.

I am not attempting to run the program it does this error all on its own at star up and then about every 15 minutes.

Thanks again.

You are correct. You were about as clear as mud. Try going through the gyrations, with Revo Uninstaller again.

i have nothing left to uninstall.

i can't figure out why it looks for it if the program is no longer there???

HELP PLEASE!!

i have nothing left to uninstall.

i can't figure out why it looks for it if the program is no longer there???

HELP PLEASE!!

How did you go about trying to get it off of your hard drive, when you first wanted to get rid of it? What OS are you running?

If you have XP, go through the first steps, in the following link, and see if you can find the folders listed. If you do, delete them.

If you have Vista, or Win 7, scroll down in the following link, and go through those steps to delete the files.

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000206CR&PARAMS=set-locale=en

How did you go about trying to get it off of your hard drive, when you first wanted to get rid of it? What OS are you running?

If you have XP, go through the first steps, in the following link, and see if you can find the folders listed. If you do, delete them.

If you have Vista, or Win 7, scroll down in the following link, and go through those steps to delete the files.

That worked...woo hoo!!!!!

Thank you!!

On 1/30/2011 at 9:27 PM, grandpabruce said:

If you have XP, go through the first steps, in the following link, and see if you  can find the folders listed. If you do, delete them.

Hello, grandabruce.

I've been having this same problem with an error message saying "Roxio Creator - InstallShield Wizard unable to find certificate file", even though I've uninstalled Roxio Creator. I'm currently running Windows 7.

When I go to the link you have posted and scroll down, there's nothing there. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.

I've been having this problem for months now. I don't know if you're active, but I will take any help.

Hello,

I'm sorry, but grandpabruce died in March 2019 from illness caused by his Service overseas.  He is missed.

Our links to the Roxio Knowledgebase articles were all broken when Corel took over Roxio, but some of them can still be found in the Roxio section of the Corel Support database, HERE.  They don't have the original KB numbers any more, so I can't nail down the article that Bruce pointed to.  However, in general the Knowledgebase seems to suggest that a 'clean uninstall' was the recommended way to deal with certificate file problems.

In your case it looks as if an installer is still present and needs to be removed.   Which version of Creator were you running, and how did you try to uninstall it?   Is your Windows 7 in 32-bit or 64-bit?

Brendon.

I guess that you did not read this entire thread before you posted.  😧

It's Roxio Creator LJ, but I don't know if it's 2010 or 2011. I don't even have the app anymore. I deleted it a long time ago, and whenever I search my computer for anything related to Roxio, nothing shows up.

My computer is 32-bit.

I searched the articles and found these three. One of them might be able to help:

https://support.corel.com/hc/en-us/articles/216115018-Certificate-or-permission-error-when-attempting-to-run-Creator-2010-or-2011-applications

https://support.corel.com/hc/en-us/articles/216688247-Certificate-error-when-trying-to-launch-Roxio-Creator-Starter

https://support.corel.com/hc/en-us/articles/216146178-Unable-to-find-a-certificate-file-when-installing-Roxio-software

Roxio Creator LJ, but I don't know if it's 2010 or 2011

I've never heard of Roxio Creator 'LJ' !

Roxio sold a  Creator 2010 and 2011  either Standard or Pro.

LJ (according to the web)  is a burner program.  I never heard of it either!.

Need - download and install the trial of "REVO Uninstaller Pro.  There is a 2 week trial.  Just have it search for Roxio and it will find what was left behind from the uninstall.  Be careful, there may be other Roxio programs that you may need.

As always, this is a suggestion and you will have to live  with the consequences.  Make a Windows restore point before you start.

Just to make sure, this is not Roxio Tech Support.  It is a users group who have a lot of experience with the programs. but are not otherwise connected to Roxio/Corel.

12 hours ago, sknis said:

LJ (according to the web)  is a burner program.  I never heard of it either!.

Need - download and install the trial of "REVO Uninstaller Pro.  There is a 2 week trial.  Just have it search for Roxio and it will find what was left behind from the uninstall.  Be careful, there may be other Roxio programs that you may need.

As always, this is a suggestion and you will have to live  with the consequences.  Make a Windows restore point before you start.

Just to make sure, this is not Roxio Tech Support.  It is a users group who have a lot of experience with the programs. but are not otherwise connected to Roxio/Corel.

The problem is my computer is wiped clean of anything related to Roxio. There is nothing left to uninstall, so I don't understand why it would give pop-up error messages. Is there a way for Windows to not display specific error messages? I just want Windows to not show these two error messages:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ek8QcQzeFDp3-VScDCsfFwo2vFlT0kgs/view?usp=sharing

Is there any way registry editor can help with this?

Edited by I_NEED_HELP_12

10 hours ago, I_NEED_HELP_12 said:

The problem is my computer is wiped clean of anything related to Roxio. There is nothing left to uninstall, so I don't understand why it would give pop-up error messages.

If your computer is wiped clean of anything related to Roxio why is Windows giving you the error message?

It's not wiped clean.

We dealt with a question on Creator LJ three years back.  HERE.  It's an OEM version sold by Sonic to a bunch of OEM computer manufacturers.

I'm afraid that my recommendation is still the same as I gave the user then:

" You need to go back to the OEM who sold your computer to you - Fujitsu, NEC, Toshiba, Dynabook or whoever - since the gurus here don't have a copy of this software to examine and operate, we can't solve your problem. "

You appear to have deleted the program rather than uninstalling it, and so there are lumps of the program and installer left embedded in your machine.   Unhappily the version I got hold of checks for a BIOS driver used on the OEM machine, so it won't run on any of my machines.   Therefore I can't suggest names for the files that are giving you this problem.  That's what you'll have to ask from your supplier who bundled the program with your machine.

Usually when Windows shows you errors like this you have to fix them.  You can't often tell Windows to be quiet.

Regards, Brendon