No Audio On Dvd

Mr. Black

Question

I am using Roxio Creator 2011, MyDVD. Windows 7 on a HP Pavilion dv4-2125dx Entertainment Notebook.

I am putting on a video file from a digital cam, it contains sound. I can make the DVD with the MyDVD just fine and it plays perfect on my notebook.But when I try to play it on a stand along DVD player, I get the video but no sound. I have tried every option I can find. From choosing Hardware and software rendering to also choosing EP SP LP and HQ and using large and small files. I have even tried choosing a slower speed DVD write option. I even check to make sure my hardware is all operating properly and has no conflicts.

I am at my wits end and would greatly appreciate any assistance.

3 answers to this question

I am using Roxio Creator 2011, MyDVD. Windows 7 on a HP Pavilion dv4-2125dx Entertainment Notebook.

I am putting on a video file from a digital cam, it contains sound. I can make the DVD with the MyDVD just fine and it plays perfect on my notebook.But when I try to play it on a stand along DVD player, I get the video but no sound. I have tried every option I can find. From choosing Hardware and software rendering to also choosing EP SP LP and HQ and using large and small files. I have even tried choosing a slower speed DVD write option. I even check to make sure my hardware is all operating properly and has no conflicts.

I am at my wits end and would greatly appreciate any assistance.

It seems to me that if the DVD plays correctly on your notebook then there is nothing wrong with the DVD, ie. the Roxio program worked correctly. The problem would appear to be with your DVD player. Have you tried playing the DVD on other DVD players?

It seems to me that if the DVD plays correctly on your notebook then there is nothing wrong with the DVD, ie. the Roxio program worked correctly. The problem would appear to be with your DVD player. Have you tried playing the DVD on other DVD players?

Yes I have, I tried it on 2 different players that will play a purchased DVD perfectly.

Archived