• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator 2009 Ultimate.

Tom77723

Question

Hi: After much appreciated help from here I have given up. Along the way I was told here that I might have to format the drive. I have held off for as long as I could.

The occurance of the pop ups demanding the certificate has increased as I tried more ways to elliminate it. Now my winXP program has been effected to the point that I MUST format the drive.

I have no access on this computer to ECDC 6. I had (still have) ECDC 6 on a much older computer (20GB HDD) that is slow and not upgradeable only (256 RIMM memory).

I don't have confidence that ECDC 6 (CD) will re-install on a new HDD when it arives because I put my CD into this machine after having the certificate problem and it would not re-install.

My Creator 2009 CD would not install on another old HDD that I put into the old computer. The CD has scratches on it. Probably the ROOT cause of all my problems.

I tried NERO in the past few days. It does not work for me after my great experience with DVD Builder

I am trying to decide if I should get Creator 2010 or 2011. Although I have WIN 7 and office 2010 I'm not ready to install those yet. Most of my other software is old and won't run on them. I'm setting up for a new build later this year.

One question and I promise I'll go away for a while:Creator 2009 when I had it running did not get me away from DVD builder. Does either 2010 or 2011 have anything like DVD builder in it? In my humble oppinion, Roxio does not seem to upgrade as much as they change their software.

Their two best products that I still have and used until not are ECDC6 and PhotoSuite 4 Business Edition. PS 5, 6, 7, and the one with Creator 2009 are in my cabinet unused.

Sincerely, Tom

5 answers to this question

Does the statement above mean you liked DVD Builder more than MyDVD in C2009?

MyDVD and Videowave much better than version 6 DVD builder.

Version 6 didn't even support AC3 audio!

You just need to learn how to use them and have a PC with enough horse power to run the new software.

=================

Thanks. Good questions. To be honest with you, I never gave another program a chance. If I opened it and it did not look familiar like DVD Builder, it meant change. Change and I don't seem to get along. LOL. It's time to move on.

Do 2010 and or 2011 have both MyDVD and VideoWave and do both work well on WINXP? Any recommendation?

Tom

=================

Thanks. Good questions. To be honest with you, I never gave another program a chance. If I opened it and it did not look familiar like DVD Builder, it meant change. Change and I don't seem to get along. LOL. It's time to move on.

Do 2010 and or 2011 have both MyDVD and VideoWave and do both work well on WINXP? Any recommendation?

Tom

Yes

=================

Tom

C2010 and C2011 are XP, Vista, and W-7 compatible, they do require some Service Pack updates to XP and Vista. C2011 offers 3D if your into that?

Minimum System Requirements for C2011..

Microsoft® 7 Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate (32- or 64-bit), Microsoft® Windows Vista™ SP2 (32- or 64-bit), Windows® XP SP3 (32-bit), Windows®XP SP2 (64-bit)

Both versions have MyDVD and Videowave.

Creator 2009 when I had it running did not get me away from DVD builder.

Does the statement above mean you liked DVD Builder more than MyDVD in C2009?

Does either 2010 or 2011 have anything like DVD builder in it?

MyDVD and Videowave much better than version 6 DVD builder.

Version 6 didn't even support AC3 audio!

You just need to learn how to use them and have a PC with enough horse power to run the new software.

C2010 and C2011 are XP, Vista, and W-7 compatible, they do require some Service Pack updates to XP and Vista. C2011 offers 3D if your into that?

Minimum System Requirements for C2011..

Both versions have MyDVD and Videowave.

=====================================

Thanks you.

Tom

Archived