Toast 9 New Errors

shooter U

Question

5 answers to this question

OK, just did what you recommended. Saved the files as Disc Image.

I have a new MacBook Pro. I already cleaned the drive with the cleaning disk.

DID NOT WORK. Same errors.

How long does it take to get a response from Roxio for my message? I have a ticket?

These files are for deadline, I NEED this ASAP...

Thanks again.

OK, just did what you recommended. Saved the files as Disc Image.

I have a new MacBook Pro. I already cleaned the drive with the cleaning disk.

DID NOT WORK. Same errors.

How long does it take to get a response from Roxio for my message? I have a ticket?

These files are for deadline, I NEED this ASAP...

Thanks again.

Since you are under a deadline and this is a data disc, try using Disk Utility to burn your disc instead of Toast. Change the .toast extension of the disc image saved by Toast to .dmg and try burning it with Disk Utility. You mention wanting it to be Mac & PC. If that is the setting you selected in the Data window before making the disc image then that is the format of the disc image, too.

Do you have access to another Mac or disc-burning drive? It doesn't make sense that you are having this issue. My suspicion is there is something wrong with the drive.

I would have expected a response from Roxio before now.

A Medium error is a message sent from the optical drive that it is unable to write to the disc. Typically this is a problem between the drive's firmware and the particular manufacturer code for the disc, but you are getting this error with different brands of discs. Try choosing Save as Disc Image and then burn the resulting .toast file using the Image File setting in the copy window. If you still get the error then get a laser-cleaning disc to see if the problem is dust on the laser.

Archived