• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Converting Wav To Mp3 Loses Track Data

TJBlues

Question

Ok so I updated from Creator 10 to Creator 2011 pro since I updated my computers to Windows 7. I had ripped all my CDs (over 1000) to wav files using Windows Media Player since Roxio is just too darned unreliable at ripping (it would cut tracks randomly). So now I am trying to convert these wav files over to MP3s and find that when I do I lose all track information!! What the heck! Why does Roxio make it so dang difficult? Anyone have a clue how to accomplish this conversion and save the track info (like track number etc.) without having to manually edit the tags? I have over 1000 CDs to do this with and a manual solution is impractical.

3 answers to this question

Ok so I updated from Creator 10 to Creator 2011 pro since I updated my computers to Windows 7. I had ripped all my CDs (over 1000) to wav files using Windows Media Player since Roxio is just too darned unreliable at ripping (it would cut tracks randomly). So now I am trying to convert these wav files over to MP3s and find that when I do I lose all track information!! What the heck! Why does Roxio make it so dang difficult? Anyone have a clue how to accomplish this conversion and save the track info (like track number etc.) without having to manually edit the tags? I have over 1000 CDs to do this with and a manual solution is impractical.

What application are you using to convert? There are several that will do what you want. Did you have the audio tags set properly?

wav files do not use ID tags like mp3 files do.

If you had ripped to mp3 format in the first place then the tags would have been written and the info would be there.

I just did this with my whole cd collection and it worked just fine.

Archived