MED-MAN-03.jpg

MED-MAN-04.jpg

And the Media Manager version is...

MED-MAN-ver.jpg

Let's get this fixed, eh?

Edited by MDOC

17 answers to this question

Guest ivanatrox

I tested this just now and couldn't re-produce... if anyone else can re-produce this issue, please post here along with your computer spec including the video card spec...

Ivan

I tested this just now and couldn't re-produce... if anyone else can re-produce this issue, please post here along with your computer spec including the video card spec...

Ivan

Yep i can reproduce it computer specs below.

Ivan

Here's mine:

Gateway AMD Athlon 1.30 GHz 768 MB RAM

Win XP Pro SP2 with all updates

ATI Radeon 7200 Card

Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M 1502

Memorex 52MAXX 3252AJ1

Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet Adapter(LNE100TX v4)

BCM V.90 56K Modem

SB Live! Wave Device

MS Intellipoint Mouse

Visioneer 5800 USB Scanner

Fergot to include the monitor:

Gateway 15-inch FPD1500 DFP TFT Monitor

Edited by MDOC

Guest ivanatrox

the two have problems both with ATI cards... but Bruce also has an ATI card... I'm wondering if the three of you can check what is the date of the ATI driver you are running by going to DirectX Dignostic Tool (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Display tab)... maybe we can find some pattern there (at least I'm hoping)

Ivan

the two have problems both with ATI cards... but Bruce also has an ATI card... I'm wondering if the three of you can check what is the date of the ATI driver you are running by going to DirectX Dignostic Tool (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Display tab)... maybe we can find some pattern there (at least I'm hoping)

Ivan

Snapshot:

diag-pg.jpg

BTW the above date is just the file date of the driver. The driver date is found in the properties of the display adapter in the Device Manager. The driver date is 3/23/2004.

(right-click my computer> Hardware tab > expand display adapters > right-click adapter properties > driver tab)

Edited by MDOC

Ivan

Heres mine

13680.jpg

Ivan

I haven't been around all day, but here your go.

post-81-1153861644.jpg

I haven't been around all day, but here your go.

I also have an ATI card and could not reproduce the issue in Media Manager. See attached.

post-72-1153865489.jpg

I have new characteristics. In the first box (below), the list is scrolled to the top.

med-man-10.gif

med-man-11.gif

med-man-12.gif

med-man-13.gif

med-man-14.gif

med-man-15.gif

And finally, in the midst of generating these images-- to my consternation, the scrollbar disappeared on me:

med-man-1A.gif

I don't want to add to the confusion, but here's yet a new characteristic:

Just close every node in the list... and viola! The list completely disappears! :huh::)

Edited to add: if clicking a node does nothing at all (that's part of the bug), do it the second time and the node will close.

MED-MAN-20.gif

Edited by MDOC

Guest ivanatrox

thank you all for the feedbacks... and apparently there is no pattern at all... :)

It looks like awoo87 and Marv are running the same version of the driver but one has issue and one doesn't... one thing caught my eyes regarding the date of the driver awoo87 is running... it shows 9/02/2006!

awoo87 and MDOC, can you guys try to update msxml from Microsoft website and see if it makes any difference?

thank you all for the feedbacks... and apparently there is no pattern at all... :)

It looks like awoo87 and Marv are running the same version of the driver but one has issue and one doesn't... one thing caught my eyes regarding the date of the driver awoo87 is running... it shows 9/02/2006!

awoo87 and MDOC, can you guys try to update msxml from Microsoft website and see if it makes any difference?

As I mentioned before, the 9/2/2006 is just the date stamp on the file when it was installed to hard disk. Find the driver manually and look at the date stamp; you'll find it's the same.

Hi Guys sorry being so long to try this updated msxml made no difference I can still reproduce the problem.

Hi Guys sorry being so long to try this updated msxml made no difference I can still reproduce the problem.

Just did the $19.99 upgrade to EMC8 Deluxe and the problem has gone.

Guest ivanatrox
Just did the $19.99 upgrade to EMC8 Deluxe and the problem has gone.

interesting...