• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Illegal request

rogertb

Question

Hi ... new member here on 7.1 G4 Mac osx 10.4.7 and I've mailed roxio but not heard back yet ... had a good look through the threads but nothing quite the same ... anyway ... trying to make a super video cd from a movie (QT 7.1.2) created in After effects (6.5) and rendered out as a PAL tga (no compression). All seems to be going well and gets to the end of the recording when I get a "drive reported an illegal request 0x72, 0x03 ... lead-in or out failed ... the disk was not readable by this computer " ... I have tried 3 makes of disc .... anyone any ideas ... I guess I can make a DVD but this is a little mivie I want to give to some friends (wedding stuff) and I've had compatibility problems in the past ... what I mean is ... when I've given people disc in the past the video CD has always worked and DVD's sometimes don't ... I might add I don't use toast very much (2 or 3 times a year) and am wondering if I'm just not checking out all of the settings properly ... one of the attractions was the drag-drop simplicity ... I'm not sure now. Thanks for your time ... Roger

3 answers to this question

Thanks for that ... so I created a disc image (BTW what is a disc image)? and dragged it to the 'super cd' window and got a .... "My CD.toast is an unsupported format and cannot be imported." ... Mmmmmm.

Thanks for your time ... Roger

Thanks for that ... so I created a disc image (BTW what is a disc image)? and dragged it to the 'super cd' window and got a .... "My CD.toast is an unsupported format and cannot be imported." ... Mmmmmm.

Thanks for your time ... Roger

From john's post:

" If the image is ok, then go on and try to burn a disc from that (the copy tab in Toast)."

You have to use the copy tab.

Consult wikipedia for info on Images:

Rather then burning straight to a disc, try creating an image file (file menu > Save as Disc image) and then see if the image behaves properly. If the image is ok, then go on and try to burn a disc from that (the copy tab in Toast). If you only have problems putting the image on a disc, then you must be looking at a hardware related issue. You may want to see if any firmware updates are avilable for your drive.

Archived