rogertb

Illegal request

Question

Hi ... new member here on 7.1 G4 Mac osx 10.4.7 and I've mailed roxio but not heard back yet ... had a good look through the threads but nothing quite the same ... anyway ... trying to make a super video cd from a movie (QT 7.1.2) created in After effects (6.5) and rendered out as a PAL tga (no compression). All seems to be going well and gets to the end of the recording when I get a "drive reported an illegal request 0x72, 0x03 ... lead-in or out failed ... the disk was not readable by this computer " ... I have tried 3 makes of disc .... anyone any ideas ... I guess I can make a DVD but this is a little mivie I want to give to some friends (wedding stuff) and I've had compatibility problems in the past ... what I mean is ... when I've given people disc in the past the video CD has always worked and DVD's sometimes don't ... I might add I don't use toast very much (2 or 3 times a year) and am wondering if I'm just not checking out all of the settings properly ... one of the attractions was the drag-drop simplicity ... I'm not sure now. Thanks for your time ... Roger

3 answers to this question

Rather then burning straight to a disc, try creating an image file (file menu > Save as Disc image) and then see if the image behaves properly. If the image is ok, then go on and try to burn a disc from that (the copy tab in Toast). If you only have problems putting the image on a disc, then you must be looking at a hardware related issue. You may want to see if any firmware updates are avilable for your drive.

Thanks for that ... so I created a disc image (BTW what is a disc image)? and dragged it to the 'super cd' window and got a .... "My CD.toast is an unsupported format and cannot be imported." ... Mmmmmm.

Thanks for your time ... Roger

Thanks for that ... so I created a disc image (BTW what is a disc image)? and dragged it to the 'super cd' window and got a .... "My CD.toast is an unsupported format and cannot be imported." ... Mmmmmm.

Thanks for your time ... Roger

From john's post:

" If the image is ok, then go on and try to burn a disc from that (the copy tab in Toast)."

You have to use the copy tab.

Consult wikipedia for info on Images: