Space Indicator Is Not Correct

Deek

Question

When I am putting together a disk on Toast 9 the space indicator on the bottom is showing there is enough room to burn the disc, but when I try to burn the disc the process renders all the way to the burn point and then tell me there isn't enough room to burn the disc????????

4 answers to this question

When I am putting together a disk on Toast 9 the space indicator on the bottom is showing there is enough room to burn the disc, but when I try to burn the disc the process renders all the way to the burn point and then tell me there isn't enough room to burn the disc????????

I'm having a similar problem that recently started, when adding files to be burnt, Toast says that I will need 4 disks for the 4.23 GB. If I burn the disk, only a small section gets burnt & Toast ejects it & asks for another, so it actually will span 4.23 GB over 4 DVDs. I have used Disk Utility repaired permissions & restarted but it did make any difference. Restarting the computer seemed to fix this problem a few weeks ago, but now it's back. Hopefully someone has run into this before & knows how to resolve it. Thanks in advance.

Here are screenshots:

post-92093-058329000 1296708823.png post-92093-099178400 1296708898.png

I'm having a similar problem that recently started, when adding files to be burnt, Toast says that I will need 4 disks for the 4.23 GB. If I burn the disk, only a small section gets burnt & Toast ejects it & asks for another, so it actually will span 4.23 GB over 4 DVDs. I have used Disk Utility repaired permissions & restarted but it did make any difference. Restarting the computer seemed to fix this problem a few weeks ago, but now it's back. Hopefully someone has run into this before & knows how to resolve it. Thanks in advance.

Here are screenshots:

post-92093-058329000 1296708823.png post-92093-099178400 1296708898.png

This may be fixed if you trash the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder and relaunch Toast.

Archived