Just Purchased Creator 2011

4putts

Question

18 answers to this question

4putts seemed to indicate that he was asked about the update. :rolleyes:

I was but not hooked to ISP at the time. Updated after install. Thanks everything is AOK.

I'm glad to hear everything is OK.

What is the update? :unsure:

What would a software package update before it's installed and rebooted? :unsure:

Some software does this, check for updates when you start the installation disc.

Acronis TI and Nero are two that come to mind.

But the update is the whole program 'NEW BUILD' Roxio has never did that. :(

Unless you and 4putts have a different C2011 version than I do? :unsure:

Before I install I read to turn off security programs. I now have installed on my new Windows 64bit Roxio Creator Starter and Roxio Burn. Should these be uninstalled. If so is there some kind of clean up program to run? Or is that needed.

Are you saying you installed "Roxio Creator Starter and Roxio Burn" without turning off your antivirus/firewall software?

If they are working fine, then no need to uninstall them.

# 11 in my signature, if and when you ever need to uninstall a Roxio Creator 2011 product.

Are you saying you installed "Roxio Creator Starter and Roxio Burn" without turning off your antivirus/firewall software?

If they are working fine, then no need to uninstall them.

# 11 in my signature, if and when you ever need to uninstall a Roxio Creator 2011 product.

No, I probably wasn't clear in my question. I bought a new computer from Dell and the Creator Starter and Burn program were installed already from the factory. I just purchased Creator 2011. Will I need to uninstall Creator Starter and Roxio Burn before installing Creator 2011? Thanks

No, I probably wasn't clear in my question. I bought a new computer from Dell and the Creator Starter and Burn program were installed already from the factory. I just purchased Creator 2011. Will I need to uninstall Creator Starter and Roxio Burn before installing Creator 2011? Thanks

I would uninstall them before installing C2011.

Thanks I do have 2 as a matter of fact.(I guess) In the start menu one says Internet explorer and the other says Internet Explorer 64 bit. But I only use it for Microsoft updates. My default browser is Firefox I do have one more question before I install. I purchased my Creator 2011 at a Staples Office supply.When I stop my AV and firewall in msconfig (services) I also unplug from my ISP. Is that a problem not being on line while running the install disk? I guess I can select to register later? Thanks Again!

Thanks I do have 2 as a matter of fact.(I guess) In the start menu one says Internet explorer and the other says Internet Explorer 64 bit. But I only use it for Microsoft updates. My default browser is Firefox I do have one more question before I install. I purchased my Creator 2011 at a Staples Office supply.When I stop my AV and firewall in msconfig (services) I also unplug from my ISP. Is that a problem not being on line while running the install disk? I guess I can select to register later? Thanks Again!

1.Not a problem at all.

2. You can register at Roxio's main website after siging in or through the program.

I sure someone will come along with a clarification tho.

Twice you are correct Sknis. One more question which is drawn out.Since I use Firefox when I would click on a tutorial IE would come up with a question( would you like to make this your default browser) I would say no then listen to the video. OK Then my wife is watching a tutorial and it ask would you like to make this your default browser, She clicked no but also clicked don't ask this again.The video played. The next one didn't due to IE not coming up and asking the question.It knew it wasn't the default browser. Making IE the default browser all tutorials work fine. How do I get IE to ask the question again about becoming the default browser so I don't have to switch back and forth?. I know that's not much of a problem but it's a pain. Thanks

Twice you are correct Sknis. One more question which is drawn out.Since I use Firefox when I would click on a tutorial IE would come up with a question( would you like to make this your default browser) I would say no then listen to the video. OK Then my wife is watching a tutorial and it ask would you like to make this your default browser, She clicked no but also clicked don't ask this again.The video played. The next one didn't due to IE not coming up and asking the question.It knew it wasn't the default browser. Making IE the default browser all tutorials work fine. How do I get IE to ask the question again about becoming the default browser so I don't have to switch back and forth?. I know that's not much of a problem but it's a pain. Thanks

In IE. go into Tools>Internet Options>Programs, then follow the instructions.

It has been awhile. Doesn't Creator 2011 first check for updates (not Service packs). I think you can ignore it and Creator 2011 will install . You can do the updates later.

No.

Twice you are correct Sknis.

No.

Only thing that pops up if your connected to the internet is 'Welcome to Roxio Creator 2011 product tour video'. Why that launches at the start of the installation is ridiculous! Just close in and continue with the install.

Archived