DGBob

Panorama - Black borders

Question

I am using the Panorama Assistant. It really works well. I get black borders on the top and bottom. Is there some way to "expand" the picture to eliminate the borders?

Thanks

11 answers to this question

I am using the Panorama Assistant. It really works well. I get black borders on the top and bottom. Is there some way to "expand" the picture to eliminate the borders?

Thanks

Is this in reference to printing the picture or using it in a slideshow?

What part of the program are you using to make your slideshow? You can zoom and pan, that will zoom in closer, then start on the left side and pan across the photo so you get the whole effect of the width. If you want the whole picture to show at once, you can put a color panel in the place you have the picture and put the picture in as an overlay, then adjust the picture to a point that it has a border all the way around, or just at top and bottome, but a color that blends with the picture better then black. It would help to know where you are making the slideshow from so we know what options you have. I find the first suggestion quite effective. I have done it myself. You will probably want to adjust the the length of time the pictures shows to get a more effective result. :)

Thanks

Hi this is how i do it im using alot of scanned photos for a family history project which gives the same effect when you use them in a slideshow . Have a read of this Black Edges On Scanned Photo's

Hope its of some help.

Your link is a dead link.

Thanks Bruce don't know what happened there. Anyway heres the info from that link.

Open photosuite go to file and click on new canvas that will open the select canvas screen select custom size if not already selected go down to units and select pixels then enter the correct aspect ratio

4:3 720 x 540 NTSC

768 x 576 PAL

16:9 848 x 480 NTSC

1024 x 576 PAL

Click ok then click save as i saved mine in a new folder in My Pictures as VW 8 scanner background.DMSP

this allows you to scan you photos at there native size you then open the above saved project change the background color go to insert photos and cutouts resize the inserted photo to suit add edge fading,shadow etc.,save as a jpeg and then when you insert it into VW it's at the correct aspect ratio. It works great for portrait photos as you can have two one the one slide.

Thanks Bruce don't know what happened there. Anyway heres the info from that link.

Open photosuite go to file and click on new canvas that will open the select canvas screen select custom size if not already selected go down to units and select pixels then enter the correct aspect ratio

4:3 720 x 540 NTSC

768 x 576 PAL

16:9 848 x 480 NTSC

1024 x 576 PAL

Click ok then click save as i saved mine in a new folder in My Pictures as VW 8 scanner background.DMSP

this allows you to scan you photos at there native size you then open the above saved project change the background color go to insert photos and cutouts resize the inserted photo to suit add edge fading,shadow etc.,save as a jpeg and then when you insert it into VW it's at the correct aspect ratio. It works great for portrait photos as you can have two one the one slide.

Thanks, Alan. It is a helpful post. Better than trying to link, even. :)

Thanks all. I will give it a try. And thanks for the text. I shy away from links.

I assume that in North America we use NTSC format?

Thanks all. I will give it a try. And thanks for the text. I shy away from links.

I assume that in North America we use NTSC format?

Your welcome yes North America use NTSC.

Alan:

I have done what you have suggested. That's a great way of eliminating the black border.

But what I want to do is to expand the image vertically to fill the TV viewable area. I am hoping this won't distort the picture to resemble those funny mirrors that we used to see at the carnivals!

Also, if this can't be done, how do people share panorama pictures besides viewing them digitally on the computer?