• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Which Toast Will Burn Blu-Ray?

Hormone

Question

7 answers to this question

Does this screen shot help?

HDV is the video codec in the MOV file. Blu-ray does not support HDV.

1440x1080 at 25 fps progressive is the input resolution and framerate. Blu-ray does not support 25 frames per second, but wants 50 interlaced fields per second for that resolution (or 50p for 1280x720).

Toast has to re-encode the video to AVC/H.264 50i to make a Blu-ray.

HDV is the video codec in the MOV file. Blu-ray does not support HDV.

1440x1080 at 25 fps progressive is the input resolution and framerate. Blu-ray does not support 25 frames per second, but wants 50 interlaced fields per second for that resolution (or 50p for 1280x720).

Toast has to re-encode the video to AVC/H.264 50i to make a Blu-ray.

So that would explain why it does not look as good as the original file on my imac?

So that would explain why it does not look as good as the original file on my imac?

Maybe. What settings did you use in Toast? How are you viewing the Toast-created Blu-ray disc on your Mac? How good does it look on your TV?

It is Toast with the Blu-ray plugin. Toast Pro includes the plugin but it also can be purchased separately.

Toast likely will re-encode the video as part of the preparation for Blu-ray but it won't reduce the resolution so the quality will still look great. Toast with the plugin also can burn Blu-ray to regular and DL discs but it obviously won't fit as much as can be burned to a Blu-ray disc.

Archived