• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio 2010 Photoshow

johnlees

Question

I started working with Roxio photoshow the other night, and quickly decided that I might need to buy the premium version.

My questions is, will the premium version run any faster, creating discs, than the version I have? I added 163 pictures into a slideshow, selected the 'pan and zoom' style, selected music, and a border, then

clicked done and selected 'Burn Photoshow Disc'. It took 3 and a half hours to create a CD, I chose the cd over the DVD because It said it would take a long time to create a DVD. As turns out the cd won't

play in my DVD players.

So I created another slide show with 14 pictures, with the same options, except I selected 'export video file' at the end. this took 22 minutes, and still would not play in my Dvd player.

I think the Premium version will create DVDs that will play in my dvd players, plus give me more styles, more music, more of everything it appears.

If it does'nt work any faster, i'm not sure its worth it thought. I like the program except for that.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

7 answers to this question

Thanks Sknis,

I think I'm going to download the premium version and give it a try. I'm just glad to here that my computer should not be an issure, since I havn't had it that long.

I appreciate the help.

Thanks again,

John

Those are the worst kind ! Most computers that you brung home are already outdated and have a lot of "free Junk" on them.

It is best to remove the stuff you don't want, Revo Uninstaller used in the Moderate Mode is a good tool.

You can use this guide (link) to make sure your computer is up to date and ready to install the software.

Thanks for the responce, here are my computer specs:

HP Pavilion p6347 c-b

AMD Athlon II-630 qual-core processor

6 GB system memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

I have created slideshows in Edit video Advanced before the that works good, I just like the options that are available in the Photoshow better, I just wish it was faster to create a DVD.

I will look into the others suggestions you made.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the responce, here are my computer specs:

HP Pavilion p6347 c-b

AMD Athlon II-630 qual-core processor

6 GB system memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

I have created slideshows in Edit video Advanced before the that works good, I just like the options that are available in the Photoshow better, I just wish it was faster to create a DVD.

I will look into the others suggestions you made.

Thanks again!

Your computer should be OK and pretty fast. I've never burned a PhotoShow that large so I can't really tell if you have a speed problem or not. I have used the free version and the Premium version of PhotoShow (5 and 6) and I did not find much difference in speed.

The only thing to do is to shut down anything else that is running to keep any loads off the CPU. Keep your system drive clean and defragged. I assume that you do not have issues with Video Wave in encoding and burning. Since that makes use of your video card, it might run faster. PhotoShow would not make use of you card but it would use software rendering only. That might be the difference.

SKNIS,

Last Saturday, I downloaded and purchased the Premium version of Roxio Photoshow, then I took the file with 168 pictures, and successfully created a DVD that will play on my DVD players. It took a

total of 25 minutes, the same file that took 3 and a half hours on the free version.

With all the added features in the premium version, I think it is well worth it.

Anyway I printed out the info you suggested on how to prepare your system for Roxio install, and will look into that.

Thanks for all your help!

John

I started working with Roxio photoshow the other night, and quickly decided that I might need to buy the premium version.

My questions is, will the premium version run any faster, creating discs, than the version I have? I added 163 pictures into a slideshow, selected the 'pan and zoom' style, selected music, and a border, then

clicked done and selected 'Burn Photoshow Disc'. It took 3 and a half hours to create a CD, I chose the cd over the DVD because It said it would take a long time to create a DVD. As turns out the cd won't

play in my DVD players.

So I created another slide show with 14 pictures, with the same options, except I selected 'export video file' at the end. this took 22 minutes, and still would not play in my Dvd player.

I think the Premium version will create DVDs that will play in my dvd players, plus give me more styles, more music, more of everything it appears.

If it does'nt work any faster, i'm not sure its worth it thought. I like the program except for that.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

You neglected to give us the important information about speed - your computer specs. Without that information, it is difficult to make an assessment but I would suggest that you won't see much of a difference in speed.

Did you really try to burn a video CD ? Your DVD player probably will not play a Video CD (VCD) or a super video CD (SVCD). The time to burn a CD vs a DVD is about the same. If you created the file and then just burned that to disc, then that will not play on a DVD player.

Do you still have the discs? Download and run the free VLC player (link) and use that to play the CD disc you burned directly from the program. If it plays, then that is a good indication that your DVD player will not play the video CD.

Now, the best way to make a video DVD is not to use the automated PhotoShow but to do a slide show using "Edit Video-Advanced" You will actually have more options. Take a look at these tutorial videos made by karri. If you prefer an automated way of making the slide show, you still have the option of make a slide show using the Create SlideShow under the Photos tab on the home page or looking further into PhotoShow (great for on-line sharing). If you don't plan on doing any on line sharing, then perhaps the investment is not worth it since you have other options.

Again, post your computer specs or at least the make and complete model number and any upgrades you made so we can see if you are getting about the right performance.

Thanks Sknis,

I think I'm going to download the premium version and give it a try. I'm just glad to here that my computer should not be an issure, since I havn't had it that long.

I appreciate the help.

Thanks again,

John

Archived