• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Usb Driver Embda64.sys Cbod

mrmorj

Question

HI.

I can run the software after install no worries. But when i plug in the USB connector it all goes wrong , Blue screen of death. with a emBDA64.sys error (if i'm not mistaken one of its drivers). I have tried installing D:\VIDEOCAP_USB_X86 and it says it requires a x86 processor,I have(AMD Phenom II (x2) 555) it crashes with the D:\VIDEOCAP_USB_X64 driver as well. I have heard that some software is not compatible with multicore processors, could this be the problem?

I've tried all sorts of combinations all no good thus far. Can anyone send me emBDA64.sys mine may be corrupted!

Any suggestions?

10 answers to this question

Plugged in the USB Capture and Stopped the win7 driver auto search. Installed the software, fired it up, poof, BSOD, removed USB capture and Rebooted. Launched software , no probs, Plugged in adapter, Poof, BSOD.

The instructions didn't tell you to plugin the USB Devive and then install the software did it?

I installed the current version in Windows 7 x64 Pro rebooted the pc and then plugged in the USB Device and have no problems.

With the V2D software closed open Device Manager, plug in the USB Device, watch for a change under Sound Video and Game Controllers or Other Devices. What shows up?

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:30 AM

View PostDrewmack408, on 02 August 2010 - 01:12 PM, said:

I have the usb device plugged into the back of the PC. For kicks and giggles i tried all 4 usb input's on back and all 5 on front and none of them worked for the Capture Card.

Does the USB Device feel warm after plugged into a USB port for a short while?

I've just read this and mine feels warmer than i think it should do!! Is fairly warm good or bad? I understand some electronics get warm but some warmer than others!!

It shouldn't really matter if i'm installing the driver on it's own or the software and the driver. If i try capturing with Roxio Creator 2010 Pro and have uninstalled easyV2D and the system still hangs with emBDA64.sys error then its the driver or the hardware. Agree?

I'm trying a few more things, i'll let you know how i go, so hold on to your sarcastic comments for now!! Not everyone on here is incompetent, some people just need to see the wood through the trees!!!

I've just read this and mine feels warmer than i think it should do!! Is fairly warm good or bad? I understand some electronics get warm but some warmer than others!!

It shouldn't really matter if i'm installing the driver on it's own or the software and the driver. If i try capturing with Roxio Creator 2010 Pro and have uninstalled easyV2D and the system still hangs with emBDA64.sys error then its the driver or the hardware. Agree?

I'm trying a few more things, i'll let you know how i go, so hold on to your sarcastic comments for now!! Not everyone on here is incompetent, some people just need to see the wood through the trees!!!

With the V2D software closed open Device Manager, plug in the USB Device, watch for a change under Sound Video and Game Controllers or Other Devices. What shows up?

This shows up... It's all good until i try to capture.

Tried plugging it in all over the place . Tried various install/uninstalls. It just can't get past the emBDA64.sys CBOD!!

If anyone can send me this driver knowing it works, i'll overwrite my one and see what happens!!

post-92129-023609600 1296868882.jpg

Tried plugging it in all over the place . Tried various install/uninstalls. It just can't get past the emBDA64.sys CBOD!!

If anyone can send me this driver knowing it works, i'll overwrite my one and see what happens!!

I don't know if it will help, but here is a list of sites that speak of that error. Start with the one above yours, which is in the list.

http://www.google.com/search?q=emBDA64.sys%20error

Right click on both where the red arrows point and click uninstall.

Unplug the USB Device and reboot.

After the reboot run the installation disc and choose the repair option when it appears.

post-97-006153600 1296880306.jpg

Right click on both where the red arrows point and click uninstall.

Unplug the USB Device and reboot.

After the reboot run the installation disc and choose the repair option when it appears.

post-97-006153600 1296880306.jpg

I found a few more sources and it looks like it was conflicting with my Pinnacle software. I uninstalled pinnacle and found an issue with my AVG thanks to WindowsSeven Forums after i posted a crash dump zip.

4. Update the following drivers via the links provided. One is blamed in the dumps and its companion is shown in the dumps.

Quote:

emBDA64.sys Wed Apr 22 03:26:57 2009 - USB 28xx OEM Filter (TV Card) ATI chipset. Driver.

emOEM64.sys Wed Apr 22 03:27:28 2009 - USB 28xx OEM Filter (TV Card) ATI chipset Driver

These drivers appear to be something to do with USB2861 looks like maybe something to do with eMPIA that its based on. But i'm sure some people will have a differing opinion on that.

Also got rid of daemontools lite which windows7 doesn't particularly like either.

Now it's all running I have an issue of V2D becoming non responsive and loosing signal. I'll peruse the forums to see what's up with it now.

I think you are really barking up the wrong tree…

The device has been out since 2008 and no one has ever had a problem like you describe…

How about some more system info - HERE

As well as your version number for your software…

Of course, it is possible the device is faulty, do you have another PC you can plug it into to see what happens?

Are you using a SCART connector?

I purchased it today. It's the latest Win 7 logo version. System is. ASRock 880GMH-LE/USB3, (AMD Phenom II (x2) 555)3.2 ghz, 4.0G ram, XFX Radeon HD5670 1gb, MS Windows 7 64bit, All drivers up to date according to Win 7 updater.

Plugged in the USB Capture and Stopped the win7 driver auto search. Installed the software, fired it up, poof, BSOD, removed USB capture and Rebooted. Launched software , no probs, Plugged in adapter, Poof, BSOD.

BSOD states emBDA64.sys error.. then a load of numbers and then "date stamp 49eec6c1" that's about all i can remember without going through it all again..

When i try the D:\VIDEOCAP_USB_X86 installer it say that my processor doesn't comply, that its not x86 ???

Maybe i'll try taking it back and getting another one?

No other PC to test it on..not using scart, it crashes when it tries to access the usb capture device, ie when it searches for a signal

Archived