No Audio On Dvd-In Recording Device Not Plugged In

Jlmac

Question

Have Windows 7 Ultimate. 8 GB Memory with a Phenom Quad 4 Processor. Asus DVD Burner.

Captured video from Digital Camcorder and loaded into VideoWave. Burned DVD and had no audio. Using other forums on this site I checked my Sound Setup. Here are the results:

In Playback - 3 are listed

ATI HDMI Output

Not Plugged In

Speakers-Default Device

Realtek Digital Output

Default Communications Device

In Recording - 2 are listed

Mic - Works properly

Realtek HD Audio

Not Plugged In

I believe the problem is there is no recording device active. What does "Not plugged in mean" when talking about a sound device? I understand the Mic and Speakers need to be "plugged in" but don't know about the others.

Any help would be appreciated.

18 answers to this question

Have Windows 7 Ultimate. 8 GB Memory with a Phenom Quad 4 Processor. Asus DVD Burner.

Captured video from Digital Camcorder and loaded into VideoWave. Burned DVD and had no audio. Using other forums on this site I checked my Sound Setup. Here are the results:

ATI HDMI Output

Not Plugged In

Speakers-Default Device

Realtek Digital Output

Mic - Works properly

Realtek HD Audio

Not Plugged In

I believe the problem is there is no recording device active. What does "Not plugged in mean" when talking about a sound device? I understand the Mic and Speakers need to be "plugged in" but don't know about the others.

At first glance, that is not yiour problem.

Tell us about your camcorder - make and model. What video format does/did you record? In fact, why did you record? If the camcorder is digital (not DV tape), all you have to do is copy the files to your computer. If you tried to capture via USb, the program thinks your camcorder is a web cam so no audio.

ATI HDMI Output

Not Plugged In

Speakers-Default Device

Realtek Digital Output

Mic - Works properly

Realtek HD Audio

Not Plugged In

Do you have audio when you play the "captured" video?

At first glance, that is not yiour problem.

Tell us about your camcorder - make and model. What video format does/did you record? In fact, why did you record? If the camcorder is digital (not DV tape), all you have to do is copy the files to your computer. If you tried to capture via USb, the program thinks your camcorder is a web cam so no audio.

It is a Sony with a Hard Drive so all I did do was copy the files from the camcorder to the computer. It plays audio on the computer but not when I use VideoWave to make a DVD.

It is a Sony with a Hard Drive so all I did do was copy the files from the camcorder to the computer. It plays audio on the computer but not when I use VideoWave to make a DVD.

"Sony with a Hard Drive" is the make and model? In your first post, you said that your captured. Please be clear because, as you can see, it does lead off into areas that don't come into play.

Download and run a third party free video converter on the file to change it to a HD mpg2 file. I like "Any Video Converter" but there are others if you check for free downloads on cnet.com.

I am reading this as an LPCM setting???

If they have some DVD RW they could try a test burn with that setting in MyDVD:

post-39730-099441700 1296858187.jpg

Otherwise we really do need the specifics of your PC and the symptoms or we can just keep guessing in the dark :(

The Audio in Project Settings is Greyed Out. It shows Dolby Digital AC-3 2.0

The Audio in Project Settings is Greyed Out. It shows Dolby Digital AC-3 2.0

It is grayed out, because you have it set to Fit To Disc. If you click on the dropdown arrow, next to Fit to Disc, and then click on the HQ setting, it will no longer be grayed out.

Edited by grandpabruce

It is grayed out, because you have it set to Fit To Disc. If you click on the dropdown arrow, next to Fit to Disc, and then click on the HQ setting, it will no longer be grayed out.

I converted the file to MP2. No change.

I changed the Fit To Disc and was able to change audio setting to LPCM.

I don't have any DVD RWs right now but I'm willing to waste some DVDs to fix this.

Any other suggestions?

I converted the file to MP2. No change.

I changed the Fit To Disc and was able to change audio setting to LPCM.

I don't have any DVD RWs right now but I'm willing to waste some DVDs to fix this.

Any other suggestions?

Huh???

No one said anything about converting the file…

DVD RWs are erasable and are for temporary use. You never use them for anything you care about.

If you have permanent projects on RWs you get busy right now with Copy Disc and get them transferred onto R media!!!

Your not making this easy, Steve asked you some specific questions about you camcorder and you have not bothered to answer…

The LPCM setting is only needed IF the DVD does not play on a DVD Player! If won't play on a Player, but it plays OK on your PC (CinePlayer) then LPCM might be the solution…

I am concerned that you are so anxious to slap a fix on this that you are not providing details which we need…

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Jim, I did suggest taking the file and converting it in an earlier post. This had "fixed" the issue with Video Wave and certain types of audio from camcorders. Without the exact model number or a section of the video, we can't really be sure

Jlmac, please post a short section of the video on a free file sharing site so that we can play with it. "Up for Down" (link) is one such site.

I do appreciate the help. Not my intention to complicate it.

This is occuring on a new computer with Windows 7. I've used Videowave with this same camcorder on another system with Windows XP so I guess that's why I wasn't thinking it could be the camcorder.

Jim, I did suggest taking the file and converting it in an earlier post. This had "fixed" the issue with Video Wave and certain types of audio from camcorders. Without the exact model number or a section of the video, we can't really be sure

Jlmac, please post a short section of the video on a free file sharing site so that we can play with it. "Up for Down" (link) is one such site.

http://www.upfordown.com/pupload/view/45575 is the UpForDown link for a short section of a file from the Camcorder.

http://www.upfordown.com/pupload/view/45575 is the UpForDown link for a short section of a file from the Camcorder.

Nice music ! Sorry, it works for me; both audio and video.

If you put the video in Video Wave and select to show/hide tracks, and select the option to 'Show Volume Envelop" what do you see?

The Show volume icon is below the preview screen and look like a ball in the upper left with a vertical and horizontal line coming from it

post-58-015956000 1296939562.jpg

Edited by sknis

Nice music ! Sorry, it works for me; both audio and video.

If you put the video in Video Wave and select to show/hide tracks, and select the option to 'Show Volume Envelop" what do you see?

The Show volume icon is below the preview screen and look like a ball in the upper left with a vertical and horizontal line coming from it

My screen looks the same as yours does. Apparently the audio is there but does not record when I make the DVD.