• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Merge Clips

Johnny135

Question

7 answers to this question

2 files I attempted to merge is Video H.264 1920x1080 29.97fps Audio 16bit 48000hz

I am in Video section->DVD-Video, I hit add button to get 2 files in and selected the 2 clips by using shift and click, they are highlighted in blue, click edit, the Merge Clips function is still grey out. I then click the edit button beside each clip, hit the arrow play button to preview both clips, merge clip still grey out.

I even tried it with exact same clip to avoid mixing format. The merge function always grey out.

I need to merge the clip as Toast 10 treated each clip as a title and after burning DVD, each title has a one second pause before going to next title, this is annoying...

Thanks in advance

I've now played with this a little and so far only had the Merge Clips option become available with MPEG 2 video files. It might work with some others but I haven't found any as yet. What does work is QuickTime 7 Pro which Apple sells for $30. With it I open both videos, choose Select All and Copy with one of the videos then select the other video and choose Add to Movie. It also is easy to edit out that gap. I then can quickly save as a reference movie file for use in Toast. Sorry that the Merge clips function in Toast is so limited.

Sure, thanks for your help

What I've tried so far seems to work for joining videos of different codecs and sizes. When I add a HD video to a SD video the SD one is positioned in the upper right corner of a HD-sized frame, though. I've found QuickTime 7 Pro to be really useful at times, although I don't need it that often.

I've now played with this a little and so far only had the Merge Clips option become available with MPEG 2 video files. It might work with some others but I haven't found any as yet. What does work is QuickTime 7 Pro which Apple sells for $30. With it I open both videos, choose Select All and Copy with one of the videos then select the other video and choose Add to Movie. It also is easy to edit out that gap. I then can quickly save as a reference movie file for use in Toast. Sorry that the Merge clips function in Toast is so limited.

Thanks. I am still following up with Support.

I can merge clips with iMOVIE, just that I have a combo of quicktime and MP4, after merging with Imovie, I lost some resolution as a result of format translation + imovie takes 20 hours to render a 1 hr clips.

Thanks. I am still following up with Support.

I can merge clips with iMOVIE, just that I have a combo of quicktime and MP4, after merging with Imovie, I lost some resolution as a result of format translation + imovie takes 20 hours to render a 1 hr clips.

The nice thing about QuickTime 7 Pro is there is no rendering and saving as a hinted movie makes it unnecessary for the entire video to be rewritten to the hard drive. But I don't know if it joins videos from different formats. If you want me to check it out, I'll be happy to do so.

I've never tried it. I wonder if the clips need to be the same format and resolution but it's not something I've ever looked into. Tell me about the specs of the source videos you are trying to merge and what happens (or doesn't happen) when you ask Toast to merge them.

The nice thing about QuickTime 7 Pro is there is no rendering and saving as a hinted movie makes it unnecessary for the entire video to be rewritten to the hard drive. But I don't know if it joins videos from different formats. If you want me to check it out, I'll be happy to do so.

Sure, thanks for your help

I've never tried it. I wonder if the clips need to be the same format and resolution but it's not something I've ever looked into. Tell me about the specs of the source videos you are trying to merge and what happens (or doesn't happen) when you ask Toast to merge them.

2 files I attempted to merge is Video H.264 1920x1080 29.97fps Audio 16bit 48000hz

I am in Video section->DVD-Video, I hit add button to get 2 files in and selected the 2 clips by using shift and click, they are highlighted in blue, click edit, the Merge Clips function is still grey out. I then click the edit button beside each clip, hit the arrow play button to preview both clips, merge clip still grey out.

I even tried it with exact same clip to avoid mixing format. The merge function always grey out.

I need to merge the clip as Toast 10 treated each clip as a title and after burning DVD, each title has a one second pause before going to next title, this is annoying...

Thanks in advance

Archived