Data Capture Device

Judity

Question

(Originally posted in incorrect forum. Sorry about that!)

I recently bought VHS2DVDWizard software and am having problems. The audio part of the Data Capture Unit that goes between my Panasonic VHSDVD unit to the laptop's USB port doesn't work. The green bars fail to move with no sound coming through while recording or previewing.

I've tried the unit on two laptops, a Compaq and Dell, after installing, uninstalling, and reinstalling the video capture software multiple times with the same results. I've plugged it into all four USB ports on the Dell, the three USB ports on the Compaq, and even tried it in the Yellow M&M USB hub I got for Christmas.

Both laptops use Windows XP, and the audio works on recently converted DVDs using the copying feature of the same Panasonic VHS/DVD unit when played through Windows Media Player, PowerDVD DX, and VLC Media Player on the Dell.

I've attached the black box to the three-prong end of the cord plugged into the back of the VHS/DVD unit and also tried the one that came with my new Sylvania TV. Both cords produce sounds on the TV, but not on either laptop. The only difference seems to be the black, Data Capture device box.

The configuration area on the Dell lists Audio Device as VHS2DVDWizard Audio Capture Device. When I click on the Audio Settings, everything is grayed out so I can't do anything. The Input Source shows Line.

If I switch to the other audio option, IDT Audio, the Audio Settings shows Pin Line Input Mix has Enable checked.

I called up System, Device Hardware, etc., and it does show USB 2861, USB Audio Device, and the system's default of IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. When I check Sounds and then Audio on the Control Panel, it shows only IDT Audio.

The video, however, always comes through perfectly. I spent most of yesterday and all this morning working on this without no success. I have dozens of VHS tapes to convert to DVD, so how do I fix this problem, please? Help!

Judity01@aol.com

Edited by Judity

1 answer to this question

(Originally posted in incorrect forum. Sorry about that!)

I recently bought VHS2DVDWizard software and am having problems. The audio part of the Data Capture Unit that goes between my Panasonic VHSDVD unit to the laptop's USB port doesn't work. The green bars fail to move with no sound coming through while recording or previewing.

I've tried the unit on two laptops, a Compaq and Dell, after installing, uninstalling, and reinstalling the video capture software multiple times with the same results. I've plugged it into all four USB ports on the Dell, the three USB ports on the Compaq, and even tried it in the Yellow M&M USB hub I got for Christmas.

Both laptops use Windows XP, and the audio works on recently converted DVDs using the copying feature of the same Panasonic VHS/DVD unit when played through Windows Media Player, PowerDVD DX, and VLC Media Player on the Dell.

I've attached the black box to the three-prong end of the cord plugged into the back of the VHS/DVD unit and also tried the one that came with my new Sylvania TV. Both cords produce sounds on the TV, but not on either laptop. The only difference seems to be the black, Data Capture device box.

The configuration area on the Dell lists Audio Device as VHS2DVDWizard Audio Capture Device. When I click on the Audio Settings, everything is grayed out so I can't do anything. The Input Source shows Line.

If I switch to the other audio option, IDT Audio, the Audio Settings shows Pin Line Input Mix has Enable checked.

I called up System, Device Hardware, etc., and it does show USB 2861, USB Audio Device, and the system's default of IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. When I check Sounds and then Audio on the Control Panel, it shows only IDT Audio.

The video, however, always comes through perfectly. I spent most of yesterday and all this morning working on this without no success. I have dozens of VHS tapes to convert to DVD, so how do I fix this problem, please? Help!

Judity01@aol.com

What has this got to do with Roxio.....try going here http://www.vhs2dvdwizard.com/help.html

or http://www.clearclicksoftware.com/contact-us.html

Edited by ogdens