Audio/video Skipping During Transfer

Matt84

Question

Hello,

I am using the easy vhs to dvd product to transfer video files from my mini-dv camcorder to my computer. After staring the video file on my camcorder, and beginning the recording process on the vhs to dvd program, both the video and audio skips repeatedly making the transferred file on my computer useless.

My computer has lots of ram, and is fairly up to date, and meets the minimum requirements. Any help would be appreciated, as I would really like to transfer my mini-dv tapes onto my computer

4 answers to this question

Hello,

I am using the easy vhs to dvd product to transfer video files from my mini-dv camcorder to my computer. After staring the video file on my camcorder, and beginning the recording process on the vhs to dvd program, both the video and audio skips repeatedly making the transferred file on my computer useless.

My computer has lots of ram, and is fairly up to date, and meets the minimum requirements. Any help would be appreciated, as I would really like to transfer my mini-dv tapes onto my computer

VHS2DVD (as the name suggests) is meant for capturing analog video using the Roxio USB capture device from VHS recorders or VHS camcorders.. Since you have a digital camcorder using the DV avi format you should be capturing with a Firewire connection.

VHS2DVD (as the name suggests) is meant for capturing analog video using the Roxio USB capture device from VHS recorders or VHS camcorders.. Since you have a digital camcorder using the DV avi format you should be capturing with a Firewire connection.

Sadly my laptop doesn't have a firewire port. I assume there's no usb to firewire cord, or some other connector device available for computers that don't have a firewire port?

Sadly my laptop doesn't have a firewire port. I assume there's no usb to firewire cord, or some other connector device available for computers that don't have a firewire port?

How did you have your camcorder hooked up to the Roxio USB device when you had problems?

Try to be specific on the connections.

Archived