• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave Runtime Error

outerbank

Question

Just installed Creator2011. Thought the installation was okay. Evidently not. Opened VideoWave to begin new project. Added 183 images. Following window opened: The current production is empty or contains invalid files. Windows offers two subjects; Details, which shows the same message. Or OK. Click on OK and the window closes. Everything seems alright. Add a few more images and the next window opens;

Runtime Error

C:\Program FilesRoxio 2011\VideoUI\VideoWave13.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more info.

Any ideas of what is causing this problem?

14 answers to this question

Need to take back that the problem between the Epson printer and Video Copy & Convert has been solved by getting a new USB cable. Much to my dismay, the problem recurred. Sent an e-mail to Epson about the problem and also to Roxio. Roxio indicates they will try to replicate the problem. Using Creator 2011 with the Epson printer disconnected. Can't explain why the USB cable from the Epson R320 and connected to the Epson 825 did not interfere with Video Copy & Convert, while the new USB cable connected to the 825 printer caused problems.

After several uninstalls and reinstalls of Creator 2011, Video Copy & Convert still would not function correctly. After clicking on the program, and after 4 to 5 minutes of waiting for the program to open, the Window to VC&C finally would open. Then after a few more minutes of waiting the window for operating the program opens. Clicking on any of the buttons in this window locked up the program. In the upper left corner of the screen would appear the following message: Video Copy & Convert is not responding. To close the program, it was necessary to right click on the Convert dialog box in the lower left corner of the screen. This also took a few minutes to close wioth the opening of the Microsoft window asking for an error report to be sent, or just delete.

Giving up in frustration, the computer was taken to the tech person I have used in the past. I got the computer back today, booted it up and discovered the same problem as before. Took it back to the tech person. He booted up the computer, clicked on Video Copy & Convert. It opened immediately without a problem and the operating buttons functioned without a problem. He concluded that something was connected to the computer that was causing the problem. Brought computer back home. Connected one external device; booted up computer; opened VC&C. Checked to determined if it opened okay. Shut-down computer and connected another device. Did this until the problem occurred. The problem proved to be the Epson Stylus PHOTO 825 printer. Odd thing because this printer was connected to my old computer which had Creator 2009. The printer did not affect any of the suite of programs. Informed Roxio tech support about the cause. Have not yet determined why it interfered with Video Copy & Convert. Has been a very frustrating few days. Not happy to learn that my installations were probably okay. Live and learn.

Just installed Creator2011. Thought the installation was okay. Evidently not. Opened VideoWave to begin new project. Added 183 images. Following window opened: The current production is empty or contains invalid files. Windows offers two subjects; Details, which shows the same message. Or OK. Click on OK and the window closes. Everything seems alright. Add a few more images and the next window opens;

Runtime Error

C:\Program FilesRoxio 2011\VideoUI\VideoWave13.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more info.

Any ideas of what is causing this problem?

Why not start with adding just a few pictures at a time and work with those until you become a bit familiar with the program. Perhaps one of the pictures you are trying to add is corrupt and that is why you are getting the error message. By adding only a few pictures at a time you may be able to determine which if any pictures is causing problems. Also remember to save your project often especially when debugging.

I believe that I'm quite familiar with VideoWave, having used C2009 quite extensively, and having created 10 slideshows since installing C2009 on the old computer. I can't imagine that there is a problem with a corrupt image because I am literally using the same images used to create a slideshow in C2009. The images were transferred from my old computer to the new computer. I've discovered since my previous posting that I cannot open Video Copy & Convert, and MyDVD is problematic. My first attempt at opening Video Copy & Convert was successful. The next couple of attempts were not. My DVD also opened successfully the first time. The next 3 attempts were not. It became unresponsive after it opened. Had to close MyDVD by right-clicking on MyDVD in the task bar. After three attempts of opening and closing through the task bar it finally opened and it was possible to activate buttons in the upper left corner of the screen and I could exit the program normally by clicking on EXIT.

The rest of the suite of programs appear to open okay. However, I have not tried to do any tasks with them.

I am able to add a number of images in VideoWave before saving the file before the runtime error occurs. I have not determined how long VideoWave operates okay before the runtime error occurs. And, it's possible to successfully reopen VideoWave in order to add more images. But having to save after just adding a number of images would be a ridiculous way to use this program. Moreover, I'm not certain if the runtime error occurs at the same time. As comparison, with C2009 on my old computer it was possible to add hundreds of images without any runtime problem. In fact, I never had a runtime error occur.

There's definitely something amiss with the installation.

Let’s check a couple of things…

I think we already did some of this, but make sure you have the latest ATI Drivers and Catalyst software (11.1 issued 1/26/11) for your video card, HERE. (I assumed 32bit XP???)

The message you first got (another Topic) about docking kind of points there… Are you able to Dock Media Selector and others?

post-39730-087197100 1297255069.jpg

post-39730-028916300 1297255073.jpg

Are you adding pics through the program or just drag & drop? (shouldn’t matter but use the program)

Have you tried the Slideshow assistant or the CineMagic Assistant? (just curious if it is confined to VideoWave)

Yes. I am very happy. It was getting near the point where I was thinking of just giving up on the software and going with some other editing software. However, I kept thinking about the amount of time invested in learning how to use Creator 2009 software. I just didn't want to go through another lengthy learning curve. Getting too old for that. Since I have not yet contacted the tech service person to tell him which external device caused the problem, I don't yet know how it caused the problem. Hopefully, he might know. If he does know, I'll certainly post the reason why for others that might confront this problem.

In any event, thanks for your closing comment.

Here are the answers to your questions. Yes, I can dock the Media Selector. I do drag and drop images from media Selector. It appears that VideoWave is now stable after rebooting the comoputer a couple of times. I added about 60 images in one session. I did not get a runtime error message. Saved the work successfully. I don't believe that I have Slideshow Assistant or Cinemagic Assistant, unless they have different names with Creator 2011 Special Edition. I still cannot go beyond the opening window after opening Video Copy & Convert, and the only way I can close this window is by right clicking on the icon for this program located in the task bar and selecting Close. The balance of the programs appear to open and operate okay.

Any ideas of why Video Copy & Covert does not open beyond the opening window?

The Create Slide Shows and Edit Videos Automatically features appear to function. The video card drivers are up to date. Checked for updates again. What I did discover is that my current monitor cannot be set above 1024x768. With this resolution Media Selector cannot be docked. I have another monitor that has a higher resolution capability. When the resolution is increased it's possible to dock the Media Selector. I don't believe I have any problems with VideoWave at this higher res. It seems odd that the specs indicate a 1024x768 res video card is okay. I borrowed this monitor. Now I have to go out and purchase a new monitor.

The only problem I now have is the inability to open Video Copy & Convert. That is, it opens eventually. It is unresponsive with some of the operating buttons such as "File, Edit, Help". The "Options" button works, but the window does not open immediately. After closing the program by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner of the screen, the hour glass icon appears. Then after a few moments the "End program" window opens with the message "This program is not responsive (boy I sure know that). Click on End Now. Then the Microsoft window opens with the message to send them a report (we al know that's a waste) or end the program.

I've been in contact with Roxio support exchanging e-mails. They've been quite responsive. Some of the recommendations...Create new user account with Administrator privileges. Did that. Had no effect on Video Copy & Convert. Disable antivirus software, open VC&C. Did that. Didn't solve the problem. The latest suggestion was: go into msconfig and remove unnecessary programs from starting after booting up computer. The problem isn't a slow computer. In fact everything works quite fast. It's only Video Copy & Convert that both takes a long time to open and that not all functions operate as they should.

Why couldn't I have been the "millions" who don't have installations problems? And I was so confident that it installed without any problems. Ha, Ha! LOL.

...Create new user account with Administrator privileges. Did that. Had no effect on Video Copy & Convert. Disable antivirus software, open VC&C. Did that. Didn't solve the problem. The latest suggestion was: go into msconfig and remove unnecessary programs from starting after booting up computer. The problem isn't a slow computer. In fact everything works quite fast. It's only Video Copy & Convert that both takes a long time to open and that not all functions operate as they should.

Why couldn't I have been the "millions" who don't have installations problems? And I was so confident that it installed without any problems. Ha, Ha! LOL.

That is not what they would have told you to do…

They would have told you to Uninstall Creator 2011, then create a new Administrator account and install the program in that new account!

Likewise disabling startup items has nothing to do with your computer speed, it is to eliminate possible conflicts from other items!

Not following the directions may be why you have so many problems??? :unsure:

I'm sorry, but I was told to do exactly as stated. Thus far I have not been told to uninstall and reinstall Creator 2011. I was told to create a new user account. Also disable antivirus software. Then try to open Video Copy & Convert. I have followed the informatuion as described. I have not yet gone into msconfig. And I take offense to your decription of my attitude. Look. I did everything that was described in 000080GN. Is it too much to expect that the software should install without problems? After all, this software and this company has been around awhile. It seems to me that installation should not be a big deal or so complicated. I'm doing my best. I'm sorry if you get frustrated with us mere simpletons.

For those that might be interested. The previously described problem with the Epson printer and its interference with Video Copy & Convert being unable to respond appears to be solved. It was the darned USB cable. As mentioned, I have two Epson printers connected to the computer. Uninstalled and reinstalled the operating software for each and updated the drivers. Each time the Epson 825 was connected to the computer the conflict with VC&C occurred. The other Epson printer was okay. So this last effort to solve the problem was to switch the USB cable on the printer that doesn't cause a problem to the printer that was. Problem solved. Have to get a new USB cable.

Archived