• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Wave For Slideshow

ubiediting

Question

Hallo to other members,

I am putting a slideshow together in VW and wonder if the photo's would be of better quality if a designated slideshow program such as MS Office 2007 Powerpoint were used? as I am not familar what difference the video format make's to slides, if any. Thanks for any thoughts!

Regards, ubiediting

8 answers to this question

Hallo to other members,

I am putting a slideshow together in VW and wonder if the photo's would be of better quality if a designated slideshow program such as MS Office 2007 Powerpoint were used? as I am not familar what difference the video format make's to slides, if any. Thanks for any thoughts!

Regards, ubiediting

Are you creating the slieshow to be only viewed on the computer or are you making it for DVD to be viewed on a standard TV?

I'm surprised that you get anything done with a computer that old ! :rolleyes:

Please do us a favor if you might think that you will come back. Go to the top of this page and clcik on "My settings", a new window will open, click on the profile tab amd then look at the list on the left. Change signature put in the information about your computer. Put in the types of things that you see in other's signature. At a minimum, put in the manufacturer and complete model number, andy upgrades you made and the OS you arew runnning. This is really important because if you have issues in the future, we could rule out/in issues with the computer and graphics card.

I thought my pc was the cat's whiskers until I read your your thoughts, however, I listed all the items you mentioned in "Settings". Thanks again. ubiediting

Are you creating the slieshow to be only viewed on the computer or are you making it for DVD to be viewed on a standard TV?

Hallo to myguggi and in reply, I thought to make an iso file that would then be burnt to DVD to be viewed on a standard TV. Thanks to you

Hallo to myguggi and in reply, I thought to make an iso file that would then be burnt to DVD to be viewed on a standard TV. Thanks to you

There is no value in converting and then converting if the program will do as you want.

Remember that you will be creating a movie of the images. As such, and at standard definition, the results will be the industry standard of 720 by 480 resolution.

You can improved the resolution in three ways:

1) Do it in high definition for computer monitor, or high definitioin TV and blu-ray disc player or

2) Create a picture disc. You will need a video disc player that will play jpeg picture discs - check your owners manual or

3) Use the Slide show assistant to create a DVD projector disc type slide show that does not have audio/transitions etc. and you control with your remote. For the DVD projector, go to the photo tab and select create slide show. Add your photos and in the second step, select DVD Projector project transition.

You will have to tell us what your capabilities are and if you need more information about any of the above. You should try all that you can to get what looks best to you.

Here is a good set of tutorials (link) for using Video Wave to make standard defitinion slide shows.

There is no value in converting and then converting if the program will do as you want.

Remember that you will be creating a movie of the images. As such, and at standard definition, the results will be the industry standard of 720 by 480 resolution.

You can improved the resolution in three ways:

1) Do it in high definition for computer monitor, or high definitioin TV and blu-ray disc player or

2) Create a picture disc. You will need a video disc player that will play jpeg picture discs - check your owners manual or

3) Use the Slide show assistant to create a DVD projector disc type slide show that does not have audio/transitions etc. and you control with your remote. For the DVD projector, go to the photo tab and select create slide show. Add your photos and in the second step, select DVD Projector project transition.

You will have to tell us what your capabilities are and if you need more information about any of the above. You should try all that you can to get what looks best to you.

Here is a good set of tutorials (link) for using Video Wave to make standard defitinion slide shows.

Hallo Sknis,

Thank you for the good information you took the trouble to send. I have looked at the tips on using VW for slide shows and thinking about my best way to go. Capabilities of my 9 year old Medion desktop are somewhat limited but I manage.

Regards, ubiediting.

Hallo Sknis,

Thank you for the good information you took the trouble to send. I have looked at the tips on using VW for slide shows and thinking about my best way to go. Capabilities of my 9 year old Medion desktop are somewhat limited but I manage.

Regards, ubiediting.

I'm surprised that you get anything done with a computer that old ! :rolleyes:

Please do us a favor if you might think that you will come back. Go to the top of this page and clcik on "My settings", a new window will open, click on the profile tab amd then look at the list on the left. Change signature put in the information about your computer. Put in the types of things that you see in other's signature. At a minimum, put in the manufacturer and complete model number, andy upgrades you made and the OS you arew runnning. This is really important because if you have issues in the future, we could rule out/in issues with the computer and graphics card.

Archived