Newbie Basic Questions

RichardSTC

Question

Why doesn't the 'Copy and Convert Video' even launch when I double click the option?

I have some mp4 files that I would like to conbine into 1 file to play back, how do I do that?

Thanks. I'm an IT person but things (that look fairly intuitive) don't seem to be when I try them. For instance, Create DVD-I don't see where it allows you to pick the video to burn a dvd.

THanks.

14 answers to this question

This is what I see, which is different than what you're showing. There does not appear to be anywhere to open a file.

You forgot to post the image !

Gary is suggesting that you use Create DVD (MyDVD) rather than Copy and Convert to crerate your DVD.

You do not OPEN a file...

You ADD a New Movie.

"Files" that you open and save are strictly Project files which are proprietary Roxio files and contain no video or pictures.

You do not double click anything from the Home application. A single click will do.

Have you tried using the Learning Center? The videos should get you on your way and will at least help determine if your install is faulty or it is a user error due to lack of familiarity.

Actually, I did add an attachment. BUt I don't see it now. The attachment is definitely attached to this reply. It's like you are running a different version than I am-there is just nothing to hit to find and open a video file. Thanks for your help. So far, I am very unhappy with Roxio Creator 2011.

post-92326-031397300 1297374502.jpg

Actually, I did add an attachment. BUt I don't see it now. The attachment is definitely attached to this reply. It's like you are running a different version than I am-there is just nothing to hit to find and open a video file. Thanks for your help. So far, I am very unhappy with Roxio Creator 2011.

I see that second image and it means one of two things, the left hand column is too narrow and/or the install didn't go well. Make that left column wider.

1) First make sure that your computer is updated using these guidelines.

2) SHUT OFF, not just pause your anti-virus.

3) Put the disc into your drive and when the options comes up select repair (or reinstall).

That should get the program reinstalled properly but it depends on how badly the install was screwed up the first time. Sometimes you will get some error messages. Post back with your results; there are other steps you can take.

Just to show you another screen, this is the home screen I see in creator 2011 and the 2 things I've circled (and there may be more) do nothing when I click on them. Am I missing something. Output from the snipping tool (one of my favorite features of windows 7) won't paste into this forum, which is why I'm attaching images

post-92326-078258700 1297375181.gif

Well guys, I have to admit it. I made a classic end user error. When I installed the product it wanted a reboot and I just didn't want to do it during the day with so many windows open, then forgot about that and went to use it and thus it wasn't working correctly. I've learned that lesson and if I have more questions (hopefully) it won't be a pebkac, like this one was!

Sorry and thanks for your help :)

Well guys, I have to admit it. I made a classic end user error. When I installed the product it wanted a reboot and I just didn't want to do it during the day with so many windows open, then forgot about that and went to use it and thus it wasn't working correctly. I've learned that lesson and if I have more questions (hopefully) it won't be a pebkac, like this one was!

Sorry and thanks for your help :)

Why were so many windows open when you installed the software?

Do you usually have several programs open when installing software?

post-97-036502200 1297379561.gif

Archived