Auri

Why Does Encoding Stop When Computer Is Locked? (Windows 7)

Question

This has been an issue for a number of VideoWave versions. I believe this started with Vista, but I didn't test in XP.

If you're encoding / converting video in VideoWave, and you lock the computer, the conversion process stops.

This really sucks when you have a large video file, go to sleep, your computer locks due to the screen saver, and you wake up in the morning with the conversion stuck at only a few percent.

What gives, Roxio?

Best,

-Auri

9 answers to this question

This has been an issue for a number of VideoWave versions. I believe this started with Vista, but I didn't test in XP.

If you're encoding / converting video in VideoWave, and you lock the computer, the conversion process stops.

This really sucks when you have a large video file, go to sleep, your computer locks due to the screen saver, and you wake up in the morning with the conversion stuck at only a few percent.

What gives, Roxio?

Best,

-Auri

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Maybe you should disable your screen saver, so it doesn't LOCK your computer. :blink::wacko:

Guest Moe

we are using Roxio Creator 2010 at work on WinXP.

We are experiencing the same issue. All computers lock for security reasons, so we cannot disable this.

But what happens is, when the computer is locked (either automatically due to screensaver or manually by pressing Windows+L) the encoding process pauses.

Is there anyway to all the program to continue to use the computers resources while it's in a locked state?

we are using Roxio Creator 2010 at work on WinXP.

We are experiencing the same issue. All computers lock for security reasons, so we cannot disable this.

But what happens is, when the computer is locked (either automatically due to screensaver or manually by pressing Windows+L) the encoding process pauses.

Is there anyway to all the program to continue to use the computers resources while it's in a locked state?

NO... :(

But it is really up to you to use your program:

post-39730-074462800 1297420449.jpg which takes you here:

post-39730-024357500 1297420451.jpg

That would be a better solution than posting where no one will ever see it ;)

Locking a computer is a Microsoft Operating System Tool for security reasons, it stops all threads and access to the PC.

You want Roxio to write a hack to override it in there software, so it will encode your video over night on a locked PC. Think about it, would it be a locked PC then? :)

Don't lock it or use the software on a computer you control ;)

Guest Ray

Locking a computer is a Microsoft Operating System Tool for security reasons, it stops all threads and access to the PC.

You want Roxio to write a hack to override it in there software, so it will encode your video over night on a locked PC. Think about it, would it be a locked PC then? :)

Don't lock it or use the software on a computer you control ;)

Seriously, that's your response? No version of Windows OS "stops all threads" simply because it's locked. Locking a computer is a means of securing a PC and allowing a user's windows and programs to remain open and running. This is an issue with Roxio, either a bug or perhaps by design. If the latter, then perhaps I'll spend money elsewhere on a volume license agreement that encompasses 350 workstations.

Seriously, that's your response? No version of Windows OS "stops all threads" simply because it's locked. Locking a computer is a means of securing a PC and allowing a user's windows and programs to remain open and running. This is an issue with Roxio, either a bug or perhaps by design. If the latter, then perhaps I'll spend money elsewhere on a volume license agreement that encompasses 350 workstations.

We don’t work for Roxio so your Big Big Threat is kind of wasted :lol:

Your ‘real power’ was covered in Post #4, please re-read it ;)

I do actually agree, I have used far too many programs that continue processing just fine while the OS is locked. I have it on my list of improvements for the next version, but it isn't going to be fixed anytime soon :(

If you are planning to buy that many for your company, you should contact Volume Licensing. I bet that they will have better information for you. Look here.

You will also get a better answer to your question when you have direct access to Roxio support.

Guest Just a guest

This is the first application I have *ever* seen that stops running and has to begin anew, simply because I did a Win-L to lock my desktop while I go to the toilet.

Seriously NOT cool.

For a person who intends to buy a volume license agreement that encompasses 350 workstations you don't seem to have very much experience with computers. Haven't you hears of turning off both your monitor and your screensaver overnight?

If you are speaking truthfully about the volume license, stop flapping your jaws here and go to the Volume Licensing link that the Guru Sknis provided to you, and be advised by people who know.

You've put yourself in an interesting position here, because if you're a company executive you're showing yourself to be financially irresponsible. If you're really just a simple user you've been untruthful in an effort to make yourself seem more important, and you've been caught out.

I personally think you're just puffing yourself up, because what Company executive in that position of power would be running round trying to do this stuff at home on his home computer?

Sarge