Continuous Video

cardiffkid

Question

In editing holiday videos I have previously made the whole holiday a single production with chapter markers for each day and used the MyDVD Menus to allow selection to commence the video from any particular day which would then run through the remaining days to the end. Editing an hour long production is laborious particularly if you want to make a alteration near the start when you have already added titles, overlays, sound etc. This year I decided to make each day a separate production as I noticed in the Project properties in MyDVD you could set it so when selecting any particular production it would play that then all the remaining movies in the project. I tried a small test of 3 productions of 1 minute each to make sure I had understood it properly and it worked fine. I have now commenced the real project in which the productions are between 6 & 10 mins long and, with what appear to be exactly the same settings, at the end of playing a production it returns to the start of that production rather than playing the next one in the menu tree.

Sorry I am new to forums - having read a few other posts I should have added I am using Creator 2011

3 answers to this question

Don't be afraid to use an extra line feed or 2 to make your post more readable ;)

Titles & Chapters are 2 entirely different animals, as you noticed.

Chapters by default play through whereas Titles return to the menu.

With a DVD Project, simply change that behavior with the Settings.

Here I have 6 Titles and I am working on number 3. I will change the Settings from the default to Play number 4 when done:

post-39730-013617600 1297430859.jpg

Drawbacks??? Titles will not respond to the 'Previous' or 'Next' buttons on your remote...

You can't have it both ways :(

Don't be afraid to use an extra line feed or 2 to make your post more readable ;)

Titles & Chapters are 2 entirely different animals, as you noticed.

Chapters by default play through whereas Titles return to the menu.

With a DVD Project, simply change that behavior with the Settings.

Here I have 6 Titles and I am working on number 3. I will change the Settings from the default to Play number 4 when done:

post-39730-013617600 1297430859.jpg

Drawbacks??? Titles will not respond to the 'Previous' or 'Next' buttons on your remote...

You can't have it both ways :(

Archived