Easy Lp To Mp3

jaq

Hi

I have installed the software (on Windows 7 Professional) and connected as per instructions in booklet. All seems fine until I get to the LP and Tape Assistant page.

The "Capture From" and "Input" drop down boxes are empty.

I have checked drivers and they are all up to date. I have uninstalled and re-installed the software. Have spent hours looking for a solution.

Can anyone help please?

Edited to say that this is a brand new product with the Windows 7 compatability icon on box.

Hi

I have installed the software (on Windows 7 Professional) and connected as per instructions in booklet. All seems fine until I get to the LP and Tape Assistant page.

The "Capture From" and "Input" drop down boxes are empty.

I have checked drivers and they are all up to date. I have uninstalled and re-installed the software. Have spent hours looking for a solution.

Can anyone help please?

Edited to say that this is a brand new product with the Windows 7 compatability icon on box.

With the capture device plugged in do you show the USB 2861 Device in Device Manager?

post-97-018501400 1297437521.jpg

Device manager shows it only as "USB Multimedia Device"

jaq, I don't have a copy of Easy Lp To Mp3 Software so I'm putting my foot in my mouth guessing here!

Open device manager and plugin/unplug the device and watch device manager change. Does USB Multimedia

Device appear and disappear when that's done and is it listed under Sound Video and Game Controllers?

jaq, I don't have a copy of Easy Lp To Mp3 Software so I'm putting my foot in my mouth guessing here!

Open device manager and plugin/unplug the device and watch device manager change. Does USB Multimedia

Device appear and disappear when that's done and is it listed under Sound Video and Game Controllers?

Tried that previously to work out which device it is so yes it goes and comes back. It is listed under Sound, Video and Game Controllers.

I've a couple of screenshots as a Word doc but I don't appear to be allowed to attach it.

Tried that previously to work out which device it is so yes it goes and comes back. It is listed under Sound, Video and Game Controllers.

I've a couple of screenshots as a Word doc but I don't appear to be allowed to attach it.

Why not attache the screenshots as jpegs?

Sorry for delay, had to go out.

The USB2820 is the Video Converter.

You mean both of the devices that I'm pointing to in the pic below are from the Easy Lp To Mp3 Roxio USB Device when you plug it in?

post-97-037132200 1297519613.jpg

From control panel, programs and features, when you click on Roxio Easy Lp To Mp3 and click

uninstall/change, the installer/uninstaller window opens, are you offered a repair?

If so run it without the Easy Lp To Mp3 Roxio USB Device plugged in and reboot.

The 2820 is a Grabee device for transferring video. Only the Multimedia device is for Roxio.

My partner is home from working away and is trying to help. He is very knowlegeble having worked on computers for many years but is baffled.

We are about to try loading Roxio onto a Laptop with Windows Vista and will let you know what happens.

The 2820 is a Grabee device for transferring video. Only the Multimedia device is for Roxio.

My partner is home from working away and is trying to help. He is very knowlegeble having worked on computers for many years but is baffled.

We are about to try loading Roxio onto a Laptop with Windows Vista and will let you know what happens.

Is this the Easy LP to MP3 package you have and do you have the device shown?

From control panel, programs and features, when you click on Roxio Easy Lp To Mp3 and click

uninstall/change, the installer/uninstaller window opens, are you offered a repair?

If so run it without the Easy Lp To Mp3 Roxio USB Device plugged in and reboot.

Yes, I had tried this before but have tried again and still no luck.

However Roger has installed it on his laptop and his own computer and it is working properly on both.

He has also now updated my computer (Dell Dimension 5000 circa 2004) to the latest available version of BIOS but again no luck. Looks like it may be the computer?

Thanks for your help guys.:)

I have now given up. Looks like I will have to move my stereo system to another computer. :(

You could always go in through your SoundMax sound card/chip, assuming you're working on a desktop. It should be the blue jack on the back that is the line-in to connect to your stereo.

Archived