• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Sound On Timeline Preview When Open Vob File From Dvd ?

topgundcp

Question

I have couple of music DVD's which I imported to the timeline and try to preview and I get no sound but... if I double click on it which will open the trimmer window, click the play button then the video will play with sound. Further look into it, the DVD's contain 2 audio tracks

1 - PCM/2

2 - AC-3/2

I have no problem with other DVD's with audio tracks:

1 - AC-3/2

2 - AC-3/6

Any body here have some idea/advice of how this work ??? Thank you.

BTW, cineplayer will play the DVD's without problem

4 answers to this question

I have couple of music DVD's which I imported to the timeline and try to preview and I get no sound but... if I double click on it which will open the trimmer window, click the play button then the video will play with sound. Further look into it, the DVD's contain 2 audio tracks

1 - PCM/2

2 - AC-3/2

I have no problem with other DVD's with audio tracks:

1 - AC-3/2

2 - AC-3/6

Any body here have some idea/advice of how this work ??? Thank you.

BTW, cineplayer will play the DVD's without problem

First of all, copy the Video_TS folder from the DVD to a folder on your hard drive. You can then put the DVD away and work from the folder on your hard drive.

If this is a commercial DVD then it may well have have protection built in to prvent copying. In that case there is nothing that can be done with Roxio since that is illegal.

First of all, copy the Video_TS folder from the DVD to a folder on your hard drive. You can then put the DVD away and work from the folder on your hard drive.

If this is a commercial DVD then it may well have have protection built in to prvent copying. In that case there is nothing that can be done with Roxio since that is illegal.

All the DVD's mentioned are in my hard drive and they are legal and unprotected and I use TMPGEnc DVD Authoring Software to edit all of them without any problem. Again, as I said Roxio will open the DVD but play with no sound unless you put it in the trimmer windows (by double click it) so how would you explain that ? The reason I use Roxio is it has some nice feature that TMPGEnc does not have (e.g adding transitions with ease)and also TMPGEnc does not produce avi, mpg format... just DVD.

All the DVD's mentioned are in my hard drive and they are legal and unprotected and I use TMPGEnc DVD Authoring Software to edit all of them without any problem. Again, as I said Roxio will open the DVD but play with no sound unless you put it in the trimmer windows (by double click it) so how would you explain that ? The reason I use Roxio is it has some nice feature that TMPGEnc does not have (e.g adding transitions with ease)and also TMPGEnc does not produce avi, mpg format... just DVD.

I don't understand your work flow. You have video on your hard drive in Video_TS folders. You use TMPGenc to edit those vob files and output to what?

I don't understand your work flow. You have video on your hard drive in Video_TS folders. You use TMPGenc to edit those vob files and output to what?

I am sorry I did not make myself clear. I ONLY use TMPGEnc DVD Authoring to OPEN the same DVD that I had problem with Roxio and TMPGEnc will open it without any problem. With TMPGEnc, you can edit, cut, trim etc.... and only output to DVD format, either to blank DVD or To a Video_TS folder.

The question is why I did not get any sound when previewing it on the timeline but when I put it in the trimmer windows (by double click it) then I have no problem, it would play normally with sound.

Also, Cineplayer will play it without any problem.

I hope I get myself clear.

Thank you for replying my question.

Archived