No Video Signal - Blank Section On Vhs Tape

paddoris

Question

Hello - I am wondering if there is any way around the following issue. I have a VHS tape which I would like to copy to DVD (or hard drive). The copying starts fine but there are sections in the tape where the video signal is lost (it could be a few seconds of the tape being blank before additional video is displayed). Once video signal is lost, the copying is halted. Is there anyway to overide this to continue copying so that I don't have to sit in front of the computer for a couple of hours watching when the signal is lost and start recording again? Thanks for the help.

4 answers to this question

The signal protected problem I have is only because the VHS I wanted to put on DVD was old and not in the best condition. I forwarded the tape all the way thru and rewound it, then let it play thru completely and rewind, then it did better. Tapes played on different players are wound tighter and looser than others. Its always best to run it thru to get it right with your VCR. And of course, clean your VCR heads. I'm running Vista HP and haven't had a problem...*crosses fingers*...don't want to jinx myself!

Hello - I am wondering if there is any way around the following issue. I have a VHS tape which I would like to copy to DVD (or hard drive). The copying starts fine but there are sections in the tape where the video signal is lost (it could be a few seconds of the tape being blank before additional video is displayed). Once video signal is lost, the copying is halted. Is there anyway to overide this to continue copying so that I don't have to sit in front of the computer for a couple of hours watching when the signal is lost and start recording again? Thanks for the help.

Some folks experience this and others can capture white snow.

I don't know of any fix for it.

Are you using a laptop?

Archived