• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Creator

C.B.

Question

I have spent quite some time trying to arrive at an answer to my question by searching the Roxio Forums and using the search function to search the web. I have not found the answer to my question.

I need to know, before purchasing, whether or not Roxio Creator 2011 has the capability of converting flv videos to a different video format, such as AVI, MOV, WMV, etc. I need to be able to generate thumbnails for the videos. I can generate thumbs for flv videos within Windows 7 x64 but once the videos are burned to DVD the thumbs for the flv videos do not show.

Thank you in advance for any assistance provided.

C.B.

5 answers to this question

I have spent quite some time trying to arrive at an answer to my question by searching the Roxio Forums and using the search function to search the web. I have not found the answer to my question.

I need to know, before purchasing, whether or not Roxio Creator 2011 has the capability of converting flv videos to a different video format, such as AVI, MOV, WMV, etc. I need to be able to generate thumbnails for the videos. I can generate thumbs for flv videos within Windows 7 x64 but once the videos are burned to DVD the thumbs for the flv videos do not show.

C.B.

I don't quite understand how you want to use the flv's in creating a DVD? Where do the thumbnails come in when creating the DVD?

C.B.

Perhaps this will help (link). Creator 2011 does not handle flv files in or out.

Thank you, myguggi and sknis, for your prompt replies.

I have saved several flv videos. When I view them in Windows Explorer the thumbnails have been generated so that I can see the content of the flv videos, which helps me while sorting them. However, if I burn these same flv videos to a DVD the only thing I see when viewing the burned DVD are the FLV icons instead of the thumbnails. When I burn an AVI or WMV video to a DVD I can still see the AVI and WMV thumbnails while viewing the videos from the burned DVD.

I hope this explains my problem. Again, I appreciate any assistance provided. If Roxio Creator 2011 cannot convert a flv video to AVI or WMV then I have no use for the software. I suppose I could simply go online and look for video conversion software.

Thank you, myguggi and sknis, for your prompt replies.

I have saved several flv videos. When I view them in Windows Explorer the thumbnails have been generated so that I can see the content of the flv videos, which helps me while sorting them. However, if I burn these same flv videos to a DVD the only thing I see when viewing the burned DVD are the FLV icons instead of the thumbnails. When I burn an AVI or WMV video to a DVD I can still see the AVI and WMV thumbnails while viewing the videos from the burned DVD.

I hope this explains my problem. Again, I appreciate any assistance provided. If Roxio Creator 2011 cannot convert a flv video to AVI or WMV then I have no use for the software. I suppose I could simply go online and look for video conversion software.

If all you want to do is to convert the flv files to a format so that you can see the thumbnails of the archived video files then getting C2011 would be a total waste of money even if it could do it. There are all sorts of free utilities that do the conversion.

Archived