• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Steve_Worrall

Canon T2I Video, Settings And Problems

Question

Plenty of processor and memory,(Dell M1730- dual core 2.4 , 4 gig ram, 6 gig virtual; gamer-- or quad core Inspiron desktop with 8 gigs ram, doesn't make a bit of difference) so that isn't the issue, other editing programs work fine. 720p or 1080p saved to the desktop HD from the sdhc recorded using a T2i and imported to the timeline cause the preview window to become extremely choppy and skip, audio seems fine. Timeline seems to be just as choppy but it's difficult to tell. It takes as many as several seconds to stop the video in the timeline. I'm having trouble determining where any particular sequence begins or ends in the time line because the preview window plays so poorly. Software is up to date.

Advice?

5 answers to this question

I don't have an easy/good solution and I wanted to point out my experience. I had that issue with mov files from several camcorders. I finally had to resort to a third party (free) video converter to convert the mov files to HD mpg2 files. Those worked well in Video Wave.

Others did not have that same problem with the files I uploaded to the web and they downloaded. We were never able to determine why the difference. Installing Creator 2011 solved the problem.

The third party converters are cheaper (free) and do not degrade the HD content if you output the files to HD. If you are not going to burn an AVCHD or Blu-ray disc, it really doesn't matter if you select to convert to HD or not.

I'm updating my Gforce drivers now to see if that improves the issue. The new 2011 software runs HD video better? I'd purchase in a second if that is a fix.

I just gave you my experience. You can take it for what it is worth. Also what do you mean by "better"? What format are those videos?

I just gave you my experience. You can take it for what it is worth. Also what do you mean by "better"? What format are those videos?

.MOV, and are either 1080P or 720P. I just bought the 2011 software, hopefully that will help. Love editing using Roxio,, but don't have the time in the heat of producing and uploading 20 videos a day to use MPEG Streamclip or like program to render the .MOV file enough so Roxio will handle it. Thanks for the help, hopefully I can get our crew past this and back on stream with rapid production.

Anyone else have any advice? I did everything else the Q&A advice offered here with no improvement.

.MOV, and are either 1080P or 720P. I just bought the 2011 software, hopefully that will help. Love editing using Roxio,, but don't have the time in the heat of producing and uploading 20 videos a day to use MPEG Streamclip or like program to render the .MOV file enough so Roxio will handle it. Thanks for the help, hopefully I can get our crew past this and back on stream with rapid production.

Anyone else have any advice? I did everything else the Q&A advice offered here with no improvement.

OK, no improvement at all, in fact the audio doesn't sync any more so my issues are getting worse. Tried to communicate with Roxio through the 'contact us' link and am getting all sorts of odd answers that have nothing to do with the actual question. HELP!