BruceIB

Dvd Playback Issue

Question

When I burn video to DVD, when watching on my TV, about every 2~3 minutes there is a quick green flash and a break in the audio.

The source of the video doesn't matter. It can be from either of my two cameras, or video downloaded from the Web.

Any thoughts?

11 answers to this question

When I burn video to DVD, when watching on my TV, about every 2~3 minutes there is a quick green flash and a break in the audio.

The source of the video doesn't matter. It can be from either of my two cameras, or video downloaded from the Web.

Any thoughts?

Not enough information.

How are you burning the discs? What brand discs are you using? What else do you have running when you burn the discs? Are you creating an image file and then burning that to a disc? What are your computer specs.

Do you see the same thing if you watch the DVD on your computer? What about someone else's DVD player?

Not enough information.

How are you burning the discs? What brand discs are you using? What else do you have running when you burn the discs? Are you creating an image file and then burning that to a disc? What are your computer specs.

Do you see the same thing if you watch the DVD on your computer? What about someone else's DVD player?

Hi:

I use the Create DVDs icon on the Creator 10 homepage and then the Add New Movie function. I select and add the movie.

I have many brands of DVDs. Phillips. Sony. Magnavox, etc.

If any other programs are open, it would be my browser and, or e-mail. But it happens even if no programs are open.

This is a Windows 7 Ultimate. I also have an XP with MyDVD 10 Premier and the results are the same if I use that to create the DVD.

The green flash does not seem to appear if I watch the video on my computer, but it does on a friends DVD player & TV as mine. My DVD player is a Magnavox. Not sure of my friends brand.

I have an older DVD player I am going to hook up and try and see the results.

Thank you.

Hi:

I use the Create DVDs icon on the Creator 10 homepage and then the Add New Movie function. I select and add the movie.

I have many brands of DVDs. Phillips. Sony. Magnavox, etc.

If any other programs are open, it would be my browser and, or e-mail. But it happens even if no programs are open.

This is a Windows 7 Ultimate. I also have an XP with MyDVD 10 Premier and the results are the same if I use that to create the DVD.

The green flash does not seem to appear if I watch the video on my computer, but it does on a friends DVD player & TV as mine. My DVD player is a Magnavox. Not sure of my friends brand.

I have an older DVD player I am going to hook up and try and see the results.

Thank you.

How long in time is the video project? What quality setting are you using to burn the DVD?

There is no Crearor 10 program. What is the full name of the program package you are using? Is it Easy Media Creator 10 (aka EMC 10)? If yes then it is not compatible with W7.

How long in time is the video project? What quality setting are you using to burn the DVD?

There is no Crearor 10 program. What is the full name of the program package you are using? Is it Easy Media Creator 10 (aka EMC 10)? If yes then it is not compatible with W7.

Roxio Creator 2010. That's what it says on the box and installation CD. As I said, this also happens on my XP machine with MyDVD 10 Premier.

I timed it and the flash is every 64 seconds. I am grunt to seek out a third DVD player to test, but it does not happen with a pre-made DVD move like you would buy or rent.

I'll be back when I have more info for you.

OK, everyone. First, let me thank you for your time and apologize for wasting it.

I posted this because:

*The problem I described only happened with DVDs I made and not pre-recorded videos like a movie from Blockbuster.

*It was apparent when viewed in my DVD player and also a friends.

This led me to believe Roxio was the problem. I took a DVD to another friend to try and it worked fine. I have a Magnavox DVD player and so does my friend I originally tested with, although a different model. The person I just tried it with and had good results was using a Sony DVD player.

So, the bottom line is: Tomorrow, I will be purchasing a new DVD player and it will not be a Magnavox.

Once again, thank you for responding.

Bruce

Bruce,

Thank you for coming back to us with this. You have saved us quite an amount of head-scratching, and some of our venerable pates can't take too much scratching without re-thatching. :)

Something for us to remember about Magnavox, too.

Regards,

Brendon

Bruce,

Thank you for coming back to us with this. You have saved us quite an amount of head-scratching, and some of our venerable pates can't take too much scratching without re-thatching. :)

Something for us to remember about Magnavox, too.

Regards,

Brendon

You're welcome. I post in the MS newsgroups, and now forums, and was an MVP from 2004~2010, so I appreciate what you people do and always appreciated feedback from the OP as to the final fix for an issue.

Going DVD Player shopping tomorrow and have a hunch I won't come home with a Magnavox.

Cheers,

Bruce Hagen

Thanks again Bruce.

Can I suggest you keep an eye out for a DivX capable player? I've seen some very cheap DivX certified players around, and some of them even have USB 2.0 capability.

They're great for playing AVIs direct from data disc or USB drive without having to convert them to Video-DVD, and for doing slideshows of JPGs from the same media without conversion.

Regards,

Brendon

Thanks again Bruce.

Can I suggest you keep an eye out for a DivX capable player? I've seen some very cheap DivX certified players around, and some of them even have USB 2.0 capability.

They're great for playing AVIs direct from data disc or USB drive without having to convert them to Video-DVD, and for doing slideshows of JPGs from the same media without conversion.

Regards,

Brendon

Thanks. I will have a look at them.

Bruce

Thanks again Bruce.

Regards,

Brendon

Just wanted to update this issue. A new DVD player solved the problem. All the local stores were pushing Magnavox, so I ended getting this one online.

iView 102 DV All Region MPEG-4 DivX AVI WMA MP3 Slim DVD Player PAL/NTSC

http://www.deal800.com/iView-102-DV-All-Region-MPEG-4-DivX-AVI-WMA-MP3-Slim-DVD-Player-PALNTSC_p_399.html#

It doesn't have a USB port, but otherwise is great, inexpensive and works fine. The remote has 53 buttons and I have only figured out about 5 so far, but tested a few DVDs and all is well.

Thanks to all that replied. I'll leave it up to you to close this thread.

Regards,

Bruce

Just wanted to update this issue. A new DVD player solved the problem. All the local stores were pushing Magnavox, so I ended getting this one online.

Excellent, Bruce.

Ar $35 I don't think you could have done better, and being able to play computer files straight off must be a great advantage against having to convert everything to Video-DVD. :)

Brendon