Temporary Files

TjTurner

Question

Help! I just tried copying a DVD, and it failed after trying to put in the destination disk. When I tried to re-do the process, I found I lost 4 GB of HD space. Where are the temp files for Roxio? I cannot find them anywhere. Please advise, any help is much appreciated.

3 answers to this question

Hello,

In Windows 7, the Copy Disc menu item in Creator 2010 Home App creates a temporary image at C:\Users\%yourname%\AppData\Local\Temp if you have installed Creator 2010 in the default location. %yourname% is the name of your account on your computer.

The temporary files should be named PXxxxxx.tmp, where xxxxx is a range of letters and numbers. You may have to instruct Windows to let you see into parts of its innards that it normally doesn't show, in order to find and delete them.

If you aren't running under Windows 7, or you're using another menu item, or have trouble finding them, come back here with more details and we'll try to help.

PERFECT! Thanks!

Hello,

In Windows 7, the Copy Disc menu item in Creator 2010 Home App creates a temporary image at C:\Users\%yourname%\AppData\Local\Temp if you have installed Creator 2010 in the default location. %yourname% is the name of your account on your computer.

The temporary files should be named PXxxxxx.tmp, where xxxxx is a range of letters and numbers. You may have to instruct Windows to let you see into parts of its innards that it normally doesn't show, in order to find and delete them.

If you aren't running under Windows 7, or you're using another menu item, or have trouble finding them, come back here with more details and we'll try to help.

Archived