• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Tag Editor Tool Is Not Changing Mp3 Tags

Scuba_Steve1974

Question

Open Creator Premiere

Select Audio-> Tag Editor

Insert an MP3 into the app

Change the track number

Click "done"

Go to Windows Explorer and you'll see that the track number has not changed. Opem the MP3 in this tool again and you will see that the number somehow remains in Roxio Tag Editor.

I know other forms of this dialog are used for internal changes, but this is clearly an app fopr changing tags in an MP3. What's the point of this app if those changes are lost outside of Roxio products?

1 answer to this question

Steve,

I don't have 'Creator Premiere', but in Creator 2010 Pro the Tag Editor is reached via Music/Audio > Edit Song Information.

Does your Tag Editor look anything like this? If it does, have you checked the box I've marked in red?

post-208-037290100 1297744427.jpg

On this particular MP3 file there was no entry for track number or year, so I gave it the track number 3 and year 1983, as you see, and then clicked Done.

I don't have my Explorer set to show the year of a song, but I think you might agree that the Tag Editor has certainly inserted the track number into the file so that Windows Explorer sees it.[below]

post-208-056020700 1297744629.jpg

It seems that in Creator 2010 Pro the Tag Editor works as expected. Can you make yours do the same if that box is checked?

Regards,

Brendon

Archived