• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How Do I Fine Tune The Poster Frame When Creating A Video Dvd

isilver

Question

Hello

I am making a video DVD, it has two video clips appearing in the main menu. I have set the poster frame for one clip but am having difficulty setting the correct poster frame for the other clip.

When I move the little blue handle to skip through the clip to choose a poster frame I don't see the frames where the picture I want as the poster frame. Skipping through the video to choose a poster frame seems to show only one frame for every xx seconds, but the frames I can select from must not appear long enough to make the selection (or something!).

You can see in the image below, I have 3 clips, the middle clip has the correct poster frame, however on the top clip when I try to set the same poster frame by moving the blue handle I can't land at the same or nearby frame. I tried to do this in the video editing window but couldn't find a way to save the selection back to the poster frame.

Is there anyway to fine tune the skipping/editing to get the correct poster frame. Can I import a couple of images to use as the poster frame for the clips?

Thanks for any help.

toast.png

2 answers to this question

Unfortunately this is the nature of MPEG 2 video. The only way you can have a greater selection of key frames is to first convert the video to h.264 (or other format) which then requires Toast to reconvert it back to MPEG 2 when creating the video DVD.

Unfortunately this is the nature of MPEG 2 video. The only way you can have a greater selection of key frames is to first convert the video to h.264 (or other format) which then requires Toast to reconvert it back to MPEG 2 when creating the video DVD.

That's a shame, but thanks for your response!