Sign in to follow this  
Hing

MyDVD Menu Background Edit

Question

The help topic in the application seems to differ to what I'm getting in MyVDVD in the Suite 8.

I've imported a picture into the background menu (of the DVD Menu, not the buttons).

I want to edit and resize this, can I do this in the applications?

There is an "Edit Menu Background button" but this is greyed out same with option via the menu.

If not, what size should the image be to fit into the window of the MyDVD preview and what size for TV safe zone?

Edited by Hing

2 answers to this question

Edit menu Background is designed more for video. Although you could do what you want, it wouldn't be intuitive. Resizing a still image would require a color panel and then putting the still image on the overlay. As long as the image is 4:3 ratio, Videowave will automatically resize the image correctly. As for teh TV safe zone, just make sure there is plenty of area around any subject of interest. The only alternative would be to add a border around the photo.

As far as I know, the only version of MyDVD where the Edit Background would not be functional is the Essentials version. I've not seen that version so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit menu Background is designed more for video. Although you could do what you want, it wouldn't be intuitive. Resizing a still image would require a color panel and then putting the still image on the overlay. As long as the image is 4:3 ratio, Videowave will automatically resize the image correctly. As for teh TV safe zone, just make sure there is plenty of area around any subject of interest. The only alternative would be to add a border around the photo.

As far as I know, the only version of MyDVD where the Edit Background would not be functional is the Essentials version. I've not seen that version so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Hers another way of doing it using photosuite 8.

Open photosuite go to file and click on new canvas that will open the select canvas screen select custom size if not already selected go down to units and select pixels then enter the correct aspect ratio

4:3 720 x 540 NTSC

768 x 576 PAL

16:9 848 x 480 NTSC

1024 x 576 PAL

Click ok then click save as i saved mine in a new folder in My Pictures as VW 8 scanner background.DMSP

this allows you to scan you photos at there native size you then open the above saved project change the background color go to insert photos and cutouts resize the inserted photo to suit add edge fading,shadow etc.,save as a jpeg and then when you insert it into VW it's at the correct aspect ratio. It works great for portrait photos as you can have two one the one slide.