• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Program Crashes On Exit

rljk

Question

I'm having a problem with Roxio Easy VHS to DVD.

I just bought and installed Roxio Easy VHS to DVD, Build 201B23A, VHS (ENU). I am running this on a new Dell XPS15 with 4Gb ram, 500Gb hard disk, and i5 CPU. The operating system is Windows Home Premium 64-bit.

When I try to exit the program it asks, "Are you sure you want to close Roxio Easy VHS to DVD? If Yes, the project will not be saved." However, if I respond with "No," there is no option anywhere to save a project. I get this message whether I have exported a captured file or not. If I respond with "Yes," the program apparently doesn't do a normal exit since Windows then pops up and says " Roxio Easy VHS to DVD has stopped working." I then have to click again to get out of that dialogue. What does it take to save a project (since Save isn't an option under the File menu) and how do I avoid this ungraceful exit?

This is the same problem discussed in a post from back in October of last year. I didn’t see any resolution to this exit problem in the post, or any other references to it in the forum.

If I view the details, I see the information listed below (which means nothing to me)

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: EasyVHS2DVD.exe

Application Version: 1.0.1.21

Application Timestamp: 4b8c0b70

Fault Module Name: StackHash_d18e

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16559

Fault Module Timestamp: 4ba9b29c

Exception Code: c0000374

Exception Offset: 000cdc9b

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: d18e

Additional Information 2: d18e913284f799a163c276a3e39a4e9b

Additional Information 3: b045

Additional Information 4: b04573e7ca2c2e9e61898b9ec9a6f6b2

Thanks in advance for your help.

8 answers to this question

Sorry about dribbling information, but sometimes information gets dribbled out because that is the way it gets learned, in little pieces. If I knew the potential capabilities of Easy CD and DVD when my problem with Easy VHS to DVD surfaced I wouldn't have come here looking for help, I would have simply considered Easy VHS to DVD a buggy, poorly tested (at least in the win-7 64-bit enviorment) application, and moved on.

Sorry about dribbling information, but sometimes information gets dribbled out because that is the way it gets learned, in little pieces. If I knew the potential capabilities of Easy CD and DVD when my problem with Easy VHS to DVD surfaced I wouldn't have come here looking for help, I would have simply considered Easy VHS to DVD a buggy, poorly tested (at least in the win-7 64-bit enviorment) application, and moved on.

and you would be wrong...

It was beta tested and re-written several times to correct problems found. The final version has been out for almost a year now and never even had a Service Pack issued, since nothing has been found.

You have somethng amiss and it usually is cleared up by Repair or Roxio's Clean Install proceedure. Sometimes it does take more than one attempt to get it running.

Put the installation disc in a drive, when the installer opens and offers a repair choose it and run it. When it's done remove the disc and reboot the PC.

I tried the repair option and it didn't resolve the problem. I also tried uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling and the issue remains. I guess I'll either have to learn to live with crash on exit, or find another application to capture my VHS video.

I contacted Roxio support, and their canned reply pointed me to an article in the knowledge base that discussed improving the performance of the application (nothing there worked either).

I've been a very casual user of Roxio products for years (every PC I've owned came with Roxio or sonic CD/DVD burning software installed) but this is the 1st time I've ever purchased something from them, and so far I'm not very impressed.

Thank you for your help

I'm sorry about the typo, I'm running Windows-7 Home Premium 64-bit.

I took a look at your instructions for completely removing the application, and it looks like it would result in the removal of all roxio applications on the computer. My machine came with Roxic Easy CD and DVD preinstalled (ver 10.3.105 build 101B05A, DED) and I would prefer to leave that installation untouched so I will study the instructions more closely to see if I can just remove the Easy VHS to DVD program.

Speaking of the Easy CD and DVD application, I was stumbling around in there the other night and it looks like it will do every thing the Easy VHS to DVD application will do (I'm assuming that it would be able to use the Roxio Video Capture USB device that came with the Easy VHS to DVD application). If this turns out to be true, maybe I'll just abandon the Easy VHS to DVD application.

Thanks for your continued support.

Archived