• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Tivo Transfer Problems

Artemide

Question

I'm running OS 10.6.5 and Toast 9.0.7, Tivo Transfer 2.0 on a MacbookPro.

I'm using Toast for the first time. There's a problem with the Tivo and it has to be replaced, so I'm trying to save some recorded programs. These are my current problems:

I transferred a 30-minute program that was 990 MB in the listing of Tivo recordings on the DVR. In Active Transfers the size was identified as 990 MB, but when the transfer arrived at that size, it just kept going. I stopped the transfer when it reached 1.05 GB. Then I played the file to see what the extra MBs contained. But the video was just 7 min, 57 secs long. Where was the rest of the file??? And why the extra length?

I tried to continue the download. It worked for a few minutes, then stopped. (That happened a few times when I was transferring the file for the first time.) When I tried to start the transfer again, it wouldn't start, just said "waiting" in Active Transfer window. I decided to delete the original 8-minute file and start all over. Now I can't get beyond the "waiting." I tried closing Toast and Tivo Transfer. That made no difference. I restarted the computer. Still "waiting" to begin transfer.

This is very frustrating. I'll appreciate any help anyone can offer.

4 answers to this question

I haven't heard of this issue being raised before so I can only guess at a solution. I suggest trashing your TiVo Transfer applications in the Toast folder. Now choose TiVo Transfer from the Toast Extras menu to reinstall and open the application. See if that corrects the problem.

I haven't heard of this issue being raised before so I can only guess at a solution. I suggest trashing your TiVo Transfer applications in the Toast folder. Now choose TiVo Transfer from the Toast Extras menu to reinstall and open the application. See if that corrects the problem.

Thanks for the advice. I trashed Tivo Transfer, tried to start it from Extras menu. It didn't reinstall; "'Tivo Transfer' couldn't be opened because it could not be found." Which other Tivo Transfer applications were you referring to?

Thanks for the advice. I trashed Tivo Transfer, tried to start it from Extras menu. It didn't reinstall; "'Tivo Transfer' couldn't be opened because it could not be found." Which other Tivo Transfer applications were you referring to?

I trashed the entire Toast 9 folder and reinstalled Toast_ti_907a_260_Updater.dmg. Same result: when I selected the same program, the transfer didn't start; stayed "waiting." I tried to transfer something else and nothing at all happened. Active Transfer flashed on for a second and then off.

I trashed the entire Toast 9 folder and reinstalled Toast_ti_907a_260_Updater.dmg. Same result: when I selected the same program, the transfer didn't start; stayed "waiting." I tried to transfer something else and nothing at all happened. Active Transfer flashed on for a second and then off.

When you went through the Toast setup assistant did you check the box to Enable TiVo transfers? If you don't recall you can run the setup assistant again via the Help menu.

Archived