• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dissolve Transition

NFMiller

Question

I've been using Moviemaker for some years but recently upgraded to an SD digital video camera and switched to using Roxio Creator 2011. I've managed to edit a few videos but I've noticed an annoying problem with the Dissolve transition which I use all the time.

When viewing the video timeline the Dissolve transitions look fine - smooth transition. But when the video file is created, there is about a 2 second time immediately before and after the transition when the video exposure is increased i.e. the picture goes paler & more washed out. After about 2 seconds it reverts back to normal exposure.

I've seen that this has been discussed in the past. Is there a definitive fix for this? It's driving me mad!

Thanks

NFMiller

2 answers to this question

I've been using Moviemaker for some years but recently upgraded to an SD digital video camera and switched to using Roxio Creator 2011. I've managed to edit a few videos but I've noticed an annoying problem with the Dissolve transition which I use all the time.

When viewing the video timeline the Dissolve transitions look fine - smooth transition. But when the video file is created, there is about a 2 second time immediately before and after the transition when the video exposure is increased i.e. the picture goes paler & more washed out. After about 2 seconds it reverts back to normal exposure.

I've seen that this has been discussed in the past. Is there a definitive fix for this? It's driving me mad!

Thanks

NFMiller

If you looked at the earlier results then you know that there are actually two fixes. 1) Update the drivers for your video card - you didn't say what you had. and 2) Switch to software encoding.

That fixed the majority of the issues but since you didn't post any particulars, they may not be the solution for your issues. You didn't even tell us what Sc camcorder you had, what type of video files, if you are working with HD or standard definition. We'll need a lot more information if one of the two doesn't work.

Archived