• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast 10 Pro Came With Faulty Dmg File

galacticanthems

Question

I ordered Toast 10 Titanium Pro on 2/10/11, order number 9752625042. When it arrived I tried to install it. The only file on the disk except the text file with the serial numbers was a .dmg file. When I tried to unstuff it I got an error message saying image file corrupted. Needless to say, I was very disappointed. So I went online and started a help ticket #1168735. That's when the customer service nightmare started.

I was flatly told they would not send a replacement disk. Huh? Well that's crappy customer service. Several email rounds later I was given a link to a page that tells you how to uninstall Toast 10. What? I can't even install it, much less uninstall it.

In desperation I called the inside sales number. After putting me on hold for a long time they finally agreed to to provide a link so I could download the product. Well, the link was only for Toast 10. All the extra software that comes with the Pro version was not included. The customer service response was to search the original disk I received for the extra programs. Hello?? Do they even know that everything comes in the corrupted .dmg file?

So I emailed customer service again and explained the situation and now I'm waiting for a response. Meanwhile Roxio has my money and I don't have what I paid for.

All in all, this has been a very unpleasant experience and I will never order directly from Roxio again. I hope someone from Roxio reads this post.

1 answer to this question

Hi GalacticAnthems -

I have reviewed your ticket history and am taking immediate action to rectify it. Indeed, we could have a done *a lot* better with handling your issue. Since we are all on a three day President's Day weekend, it may be as late as Tuesday for a response.

In the mean time, I'm going to close this thread. If you need to communicate further, feel free to send me a private message. Otherwise you'll be getting a response from our team in the next couple of days.

Thanks,

Jon

Roxio Customer Care

Archived