• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd Closes After Adding Video File

MyMopar

Question

After searching the forum and getting no definitive answer I now pose my problem. I just did a "repair install" to see if that would solve anything and it does not. My problem is when I go to burn a DVD, MyDVD starts to load the project file and then it says Videowave has stopped working and the program closes and brings me back to the Roxio "home" screen.

What I have done and am trying to do:

1. I imported a Tivo file

2. In Videowave I edited the tivo file (music videos) by removing the commercials

3. The file is saved as a ddsm

4. I then click on the burn DVD icon

5. I click open movie file and select the music video

6. Th emusic file is listed under the movies tab and then a few seconds later the program closes out.

I'm running Roxio Creator 2011

Windows Vista SP2 32 bit

AMD 64 Dual core 5000 2.60ghz

4 gig ram

ATI Radeon HD4600 video card

Programs installed that may effect Roxio? - Nero 10, Pinnacle Studio 12, Sony Vegas, VLC media player

I'm not sure what to try but all my otehr programs function properly and this Roxio has been slow and full of problems. All this just to get tivo files onto a DVD seems hardly worht it now.

7 answers to this question

After searching the forum and getting no definitive answer I now pose my problem. I just did a "repair install" to see if that would solve anything and it does not. My problem is when I go to burn a DVD, MyDVD starts to load the project file and then it says Videowave has stopped working and the program closes and brings me back to the Roxio "home" screen.

What I have done and am trying to do:

1. I imported a Tivo file

2. In Videowave I edited the tivo file (music videos) by removing the commercials

3. The file is saved as a ddsm

4. I then click on the burn DVD icon

5. I click open movie file and select the music video

6. Th emusic file is listed under the movies tab and then a few seconds later the program closes out.

I'm running Roxio Creator 2011

Windows Vista SP2 32 bit

AMD 64 Dual core 5000 2.60ghz

4 gig ram

ATI Radeon HD4600 video card

Programs installed that may effect Roxio? - Nero 10, Pinnacle Studio 12, Sony Vegas, VLC media player

I'm not sure what to try but all my otehr programs function properly and this Roxio has been slow and full of problems. All this just to get tivo files onto a DVD seems hardly worht it now.

Instead of sending the VW dmsm file to myDVD, select output to a DVD mepg, best quality video file and see what happens.

I have no idea what you mean by "Th emusic file is listed under the movies tab"

Instead of sending the VW dmsm file to myDVD, select output to a DVD mepg, best quality video file and see what happens.

I have no idea what you mean by "Th emusic file is listed under the movies tab"

So in VM with the file open, I selected Export, a pop up came out saying due to it being a TiVo file its max res. is 640x800, then it defaulted to Mpeg-2 DVD and it worked. Perhaps due to it being a TiVo file MyDVD hangs.

In any case, it is saving the file as a mpg now, which I'm sure I can go and add into MyDVD once it is done. I am very disappointed though in the resolution. The program was recorded in HD and I can't make full use of that? I'll have to wait and see just how bad the quality suffered once the project is finally burned to DVD.

So I burned the exported file in MyDVD and it was successful. Apparently when working with a TiVO project saved as a dmsm file it needs to be exported versus directly saved in MyDVD. My only question now is I'll have to research to see how or what program to use to make chapters so I can skip ahead easier instead of having to fast forward thru the disc.

Can I just insert markers somehow into my one file or do I have to break the one file up into 5 individual files in order to have say 5 "chapters"? This I'll have to research.

I don't have TiVo so I cannot test myself...

Verify: You are saying if you save a VW file (dmsm) then add that Project File into MyDVD it fails?

If you edit in VW and go into MyDVD from there directly it is OK?

Chapters??? Chapters are only Set in MyDVD! You can set Markers in VW but then you have to convert them in MyDVD to make them Chapters...

You have the TiVo to test with, so please follow up on this, I have another approach you might consider too ;)

I don't have TiVo so I cannot test myself...

Verify: You are saying if you save a VW file (dmsm) then add that Project File into MyDVD it fails?

Yes, if I make a DMSM file in VM then save it, then open up MyDVD and add the DMSM file into a project, it loads the project, shows up in the "movies tab" then self closes back to the Roxio home screen.

If you edit in VW and go into MyDVD from there directly it is OK?

If I edit the file and save it in VM, then try to burn a DVD under the options tab, it does the same thing as if I open up MyDVD directly, it fails to execute once it loads the DMSM file.

Chapters??? Chapters are only Set in MyDVD! You can set Markers in VW but then you have to convert them in MyDVD to make them Chapters...

You have the TiVo to test with, so please follow up on this, I have another approach you might consider too ;)

I have to research the whole how to make chapters thing, I quickly burned the file as a test to see if it would work, wanting to add chapters but without reading about it, I quickly looked to see if it was something I can figure out but the layout wasn't very obvious on how to do it.

In order for me to work with the saved TiVo file as a DMSM file and burn it to a DVD, I had to have the file open in VM and then EXPORT the file not to MyDVD but export it to convert it to a MEPG file, a mpeg-2 DVD file it defaults to. Then I added teh mpeg-2 file to the MyDVD project and it burned successfuly.

I'm going to give the Roxio product another try, but I have a work around for the TiVO file by using DirectDump utility to convert the Tivo file before ever using it in Roxio. It coverts it to a MPEG file. Then I'll be free to use whatver program I like best (perhaps my Pinnacle or Nero). I'm going to try editing and creating a DVD in Roxio and see if it is as intuitive as the other programs and if not, I'll see if I can return the product.

Only reason why I bought the Roxio product was to edit and burn Tivo files, now that I can do it w/o Roxio, I may or may not find the product as useful.

Archived