Skips, Freezes When Recording Or Exporting

lilredchill

Question

I am running a dell inspiron 400 zino hd 64-bit 3.00GB RAM(2.75 usable)with windows 7. My problem is when i try to record a video from VHS the picture just starts jumping, skipping and some times freezes up. I have tried to save it to hard drive but as soon as i hit export the video starts skipping. I have defragged, made sure that nothing else is running but to no avail. Could it be the VCR i am using. I was using with a newer VCR and my netbook and it was doing the same thing, but i thought it was because of the netbook so i moved it onto the home computer and im using a slightly older VCR. Any help would be much appreciated. I have tons of home movies on VHS and i would like to free up some space.

7 answers to this question

I am running a dell inspiron 400 zino hd 64-bit 3.00GB RAM(2.75 usable)with windows 7. My problem is when i try to record a video from VHS the picture just starts jumping, skipping and some times freezes up. I have tried to save it to hard drive but as soon as i hit export the video starts skipping. I have defragged, made sure that nothing else is running but to no avail. Could it be the VCR i am using. I was using with a newer VCR and my netbook and it was doing the same thing, but i thought it was because of the netbook so i moved it onto the home computer and im using a slightly older VCR. Any help would be much appreciated. I have tons of home movies on VHS and i would like to free up some space.

Do you have the W& compatible version of VHS2DVD? Read this to check

If you are trying to copy commercial VHS tapes, you may be encountering copy protection on the tapes.

Easy VHS to DVD build 201B23A ENU is what i am using and the VHS tapes are just sony and a wide variety of blank tapes that have been used to record video from camcorders. Like i say the video views fine until i hit record or export. I have checked the dvds after recording thinking that maybe they would not have the skipping and freezing, but they do. Thanks for the reply and help.

Error code or issue: N/A

What kind of project were you working on: Recording home VHS to DVD

What kinds of files were you using and where did you get them? N/A

Did you complete your project or did it stop at a certain point in the process? Completed project with very poor quality

Have you ever successfully completed the task that you are contacting us about? Not with acceptable quality.

Did you make any changes to your computer recently? (new applications, updates, etc) If so, what? N/A

Tell us about your computer

Your computer specifications have a huge impact on software performance and functionality.

Operating System (including service packs): Windows 7 Home Premium

Make: Dell

Model: Inspiron 400

Video card: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

Processor speed: AMD AthlonProcessor 2650e 1.60 GHz

RAM: 3.00GB (2.75GB usable)

Free hard drive space: 419gb of 451gb

I last did an operating system update on: 2/23/11

OK, we are getting a better idea of what is going on now…

For a test we need you to make a Capture using a known good signal.

Best way to do that is to use a DVD Player for the source instead of a VCR. Doesn’t have to be a long capture, 5 minutes should do the trick.

Also try different USB ports on your PC and connect directly to the Port rather than using the extension.

That form of PC is near the bottom of the requirements but that should not be a factor provided you don’t try doing other things while capture is taking place!

Archived