• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Wave

Peacebud

Question

11 answers to this question

Thanks for responding. I've putting the names in the internal track. I hahe cleared the proxy files. I have updated the video drivers. Roxio had me uninstall the software and reinstall it. Roxio did not mention rendering. Yes, I have moved some pictures around. I am usong norton internet security 2011and I use a registry cleaner once a week (RegServe) I have not turned off the anti virus.

Why are you running a registry cleaner? Why are you doing it so often. It does not/will not speed up your computer. The only people saying you need a registry cleaner are those selling them or bundling them as part of a software suite.

You will have problems with Creator 2011 and the registry cleaner UNLESS you set it up to ignore all Roxio and Sonic entries.

When you have done that and have done a fix, then come back if you are still having issues.

Reg Cleaners are totally useless!

Last one I used was over 15 years ago :o

Never used one since... Where I worked we had 1,000 computers and a Reg Cleaner was a firing offense! So maybe all these "problems" it finds are not really problems at all. But letting it 'fix' them can and does lead to real problems ;)

I am also having a problem with Video Wave Hanging and not responding. Tech support had me running in circles but can't solve it. I've trying to make a slide show for two weeks now but every time I try to save the project it hangs. Today I opened the project to try doing some work and discovered that all of the pictures had the wrong people with the names. I'm totally confused and am not happy with Roxio. I've yet to complete a task.

My System

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3

Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M3A78 PRO Rev 1.xx

2.30 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core

256 kilobyte primary memory cache

1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache

64-bit ready

2048 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory1320.26 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity

1162.58 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

HP DVD Writer 1260t [Optical drive]

SONY DVD RW DRU-V204A [Optical drive]

ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series [Display adapter

Any help would be appreciated.

I am also having a problem with Video Wave Hanging and not responding. Tech support had me running in circles but can't solve it. I've trying to make a slide show for two weeks now but every time I try to save the project it hangs. Today I opened the project to try doing some work and discovered that all of the pictures had the wrong people with the names. I'm totally confused and am not happy with Roxio. I've yet to complete a task.

My System

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3

Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M3A78 PRO Rev 1.xx

2.30 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core

256 kilobyte primary memory cache

1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache

64-bit ready

2048 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory1320.26 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity

1162.58 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

HP DVD Writer 1260t [Optical drive]

SONY DVD RW DRU-V204A [Optical drive]

ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series [Display adapter

Any help would be appreciated.

A quick question or two. Did you add the names of the people to the Internal track of the images? That is the only way you can assure that the names stays with the image especially if you delete or more an image.

Has Roxio suggested using software encoding (rendering). Top menu, tools, options, click on software? Have they suggested to clear your proxy files? Same place as above. Have you updated the drivers for that video card.

What anti-virus do you have? What else do you have running when you are creating the slide show Are you moving any of the images so that they are in a different place? Are you using a registry cleaner either alone or with you anti-virus? Make sure that your anti-virus is set not to scan things that are already on your computer.

Have you tried shutting off your anti-virus, putting your disc in your drive and selecting repair when it is offered?

I asked a lot of questions - more than I thought that I would. Please carefully respond to all of them - make sure you try the ones you haven't.

I am having the same problems, the error says "videowave has stopped working".

Also when running the encoder nearly any program running alongside is can disrupt the process, I cannot run the encoder in background and after it finishes it typically starts over from the beggining w/o alerting me to why, the Tool feature to pick up where it left off does not work and its driving me crazy, ROXIO suppport simple send me the samed canned message about reading some directx instructions and possible issues but that is absolutely no help and tehy simply aren't trying to help.

So what does a paid client do aside from dumping the package!

I run a corei7 920 with 6 gigs ram 64 but windows 7.

Duftopia

I am having the same problems, the error says "videowave has stopped working".

Also when running the encoder nearly any program running alongside is can disrupt the process, I cannot run the encoder in background and after it finishes it typically starts over from the beggining w/o alerting me to why, the Tool feature to pick up where it left off does not work and its driving me crazy, ROXIO suppport simple send me the samed canned message about reading some directx instructions and possible issues but that is absolutely no help and tehy simply aren't trying to help.

So what does a paid client do aside from dumping the package!

I run a corei7 920 with 6 gigs ram 64 but windows 7.

Duftopia

You have not supplied any info on what you are doing. Why are you trying to run Videowave in the background? You should not be running any other taks when doing video work.

I have the same problem and technical support have not come up with a solution at the moment!

John, Did you go to the link above? It asks for more information that is needed to properly undersatand the issue. Sometimes we can suggest things other than what tech support can but we need the information.

Thanks for responding. I've putting the names in the internal track. I hahe cleared the proxy files. I have updated the video drivers. Roxio had me uninstall the software and reinstall it. Roxio did not mention rendering. Yes, I have moved some pictures around. I am usong norton internet security 2011and I use a registry cleaner once a week (RegServe) I have not turned off the anti virus.

Archived