Spin Doctor Makes Loud Buzz

Davehal

Question

I have Toast 9.0.7 with CD Spin Doctor 5.0.4.706t running on MAC OS X v. 10.6.6.. Using ION TTUSB turntable. Realize to get best transfer of audio from LP's as well as smoother operation (not hanging up, etc.) might have to upgrade to Toast 10. When I am monitoring converting sound after a few seconds I get a loud buzz/hum ...does not effect the audio file, but makes it impossible to monitor process. Any suggestions before I upgrade to Toast 10? Will I see this issue after upgrade?

4 answers to this question

I have Toast 9.0.7 with CD Spin Doctor 5.0.4.706t running on MAC OS X v. 10.6.6.. Using ION TTUSB turntable. Realize to get best transfer of audio from LP's as well as smoother operation (not hanging up, etc.) might have to upgrade to Toast 10. When I am monitoring converting sound after a few seconds I get a loud buzz/hum ...does not effect the audio file, but makes it impossible to monitor process. Any suggestions before I upgrade to Toast 10? Will I see this issue after upgrade?

Replacing the software is not going to fix buzz/hum.

Is their a ground connection on your turntable, if so, make sure it is connected real good.

Google ....." Ion ttusb buzz &hum ". you should get a few hits.

It could be in the way you are monitoring, as you say the end result is ok.

Edited by ogdens

sound works ok for 4-5 seconds then just an overpowering buzz...if I click back and then start to listen again same thing happens. All connections ok. Wondering if something in the software...just afraid to buy new program and have same problem.

I have the same issue. It is not a grounding problem. This is the only audio app that shows this problem. CD SpinDoctor used to be a great application, but this version is really buggy. I'm so frustrated. But I refuse to pay more money for Toast 10. Toast 9 and Spin Doctor 5 should work out of the box for the money I paid.