• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Rip Music Dvds To Audio Cd's?

BPop

Question

Hello all, forgive me for jumping right in but I did search and couldn't find the answer. I have the redbox Easy CD and DVD Version: 10.3.104. Here's what I am wanting to do, and though this would be the right tool for the job.

I have a concert DVD that I own. I would like to rip the songs to individual CD audio tracks that I can then burn to a CD so I can listen to the tracks on a dumb CD player.

Will the software do this? If not, is there other software out there that will do this? I guess I could play the DVD in its entirety, capturing the audio as a .wav and then break it into pieces. But I'd rather find a way for it to get done without so much involvement.

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Hello all, forgive me for jumping right in but I did search and couldn't find the answer. I have the redbox Easy CD and DVD Version: 10.3.104. Here's what I am wanting to do, and though this would be the right tool for the job.

I have a concert DVD that I own. I would like to rip the songs to individual CD audio tracks that I can then burn to a CD so I can listen to the tracks on a dumb CD player.

Will the software do this? If not, is there other software out there that will do this? I guess I could play the DVD in its entirety, capturing the audio as a .wav and then break it into pieces. But I'd rather find a way for it to get done without so much involvement.

Thanks.

If it is a commercial DVD concert, the answer is no, because it is not legal to duplicate it. The software won't do it.

If it is a commercial DVD concert, the answer is no, because it is not legal to duplicate it. The software won't do it.

If I own the DVD it's not legal for me to record the audio to a CD for personal listening?

If I own the DVD it's not legal for me to record the audio to a CD for personal listening?

Most if not all commercial DVDs are copy-protected by various protection systems.

In the USA, the home of Roxio, the lawmakers have made it a crime to break or circumvent such protection. Because of this Roxio software does not duplicate protected discs, and users of the Roxio boards are not allowed to suggest or advocate ways to break the law because this could make the Company liable to suit or to prosecution.

Any rights you might have to 'fair use' are irrelevant in this topic, because it's the breaking of the protection to rip the DVD that has been made the crime. Blame the lawyers and the lawmakers, and the industry lobbyists for this situation, since they took it out of the people's hands.

Brendon

Archived