• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video degrades around edits, transitions

boblgnj@earthlink.net

Question

Have not seen this in the community posts:

1) In my burned DVD about 1 second before a start of new clip, or video transition (like fade or wipe), the picture quality degrades becoming brighter and less contrast. Then about 1 second after the clip or transition, picture returns to regular quality. Happens with each clip, or transition. About 1 in 8 times the sound is un-synced from the return to regular quality until the next clip or transition.

2) These changes are not visible in EMC preview.

I can not preview the ISO file, so do not know if it happens when burning to ISO.

Is visible in burned DVD.

Do not see it with WMV files built in Windows Movie Maker and burned through EMC; only MPG files built in Video Wave.

3) Cycled through Roxio paid help 3 times who is convinced issue with burning, said has seen it before.

Have had me add the unsync hot fix, update all drivers, slow hardware acceleration rate on graphics card one level, slow the write speed with disk copier to slowest setting (2x), check options on burn speed of burner drive.

(I always reboot and shut down anti-virus, automatic updates, background programs, disconnect from DSL, etc. before doing anything with EMC and files)

Have you run into this before, any ideas?

Bob

1 answer to this question

Try using DV AVI output from Windows Movie Maker instead of WMV. Just go through the same process. At the point of selecting file output, just choose DV AVI instead of Windows Media format. To cut down on time, just export a short clip like 5-10min. In MyDVD, burn it to video folder and watch it using CinePlayer or another software DVD player.

Archived