• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Audio When Importing Video To Edit/trim

SteveH9

Question

I'm a newbie to Roxio video tools. I'm using roxio Easy Media Creator 10 Suite Version: 10.1.226 - Build: 112B26A, R03 on Win XP Pro trying to simply edit and trim a few seconds out of a 60 second clip. I've created the same clip as MPEG-2, AVI, MOV files and open each of the files outside of Roxio (Quicktime, Windos Media player, etc.) and ALWAYS get video and original sound. When I open the same files in Cinemagic I hear sound in the initial preview, then no more. VideoWave appears to only open Cinemagic project files - but still no original audio.

I just want to edit my 60 second clip (video & audio) and trim out a few second here and there. Then possibly post the result on Youtube or my own website. I know this should be simple but I'm baffled as to which tool to use and how to retain the original audio.

Can someone please help explain how Creator 10,step-by-step I can take a video file with original audio, trim it, then re-save it.

Many thanks,

Steve

13 answers to this question

Sknis - using your good advice I used Any Video Converter to convert my Kodak Media Impression-created MOV file to an MPEG-II and now VideoWave allows me to edit it WITH SOUND!!

I'll also time updating Quicktime on my PC

:):P

:) I tried updating Quicktime but that didn't help. I'll just convert the MOV files to MPEG-II. Do you know of any GOOD instructions for using VideoWave?

http://www.emctips.com/

http://saknis.net/Roxio/V8-V9.htm

http://mymoments.roxio.com/enu/tips-and-tutorials.html

http://roxiocentral.roxio.com/enu/emc/v12_pro/learning_center.html

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/15366-one-way-of-doing-it/

I'm a newbie to Roxio video tools. I'm using roxio Easy Media Creator 10 Suite Version: 10.1.226 - Build: 112B26A, R03 on Win XP Pro trying to simply edit and trim a few seconds out of a 60 second clip. I've created the same clip as MPEG-2, AVI, MOV files and open each of the files outside of Roxio (Quicktime, Windos Media player, etc.) and ALWAYS get video and original sound. When I open the same files in Cinemagic I hear sound in the initial preview, then no more. VideoWave appears to only open Cinemagic project files - but still no original audio.

I just want to edit my 60 second clip (video & audio) and trim out a few second here and there. Then possibly post the result on Youtube or my own website. I know this should be simple but I'm baffled as to which tool to use and how to retain the original audio.

Can someone please help explain how Creator 10,step-by-step I can take a video file with original audio, trim it, then re-save it.

Many thanks,

Steve

Forget about Cinemagic, it is useless. Launch Videowave, add the video and then do the edits and output.

Where did you get the original clip? In what format is it? What do you mean by "I've created the same clip as MPEG-2, AVI, MOV files"? How did you create it, using what program?

Many thanks,

Steve

Do as Walt suggests, and use VideoWave. Cinemagic is designed to drop the native audio from video files. Why, I don't know.

Forget about Cinemagic, it is useless. Launch Videowave, add the video and then do the edits and output.

Where did you get the original clip? In what format is it? What do you mean by "I've created the same clip as MPEG-2, AVI, MOV files"? How did you create it, using what program?

Sorry for the lack of details - So Santa brought us a Kodak ZI8 (flip-phone-like) camera. You use the supplied Kodak Media Impression software to download the movies as .MOV files (MPEG4 codec 640X480 - 30 fps - (a) .LAW 2:1 - 8000hz). I used the program - Any Video Converter to copy the MOV file to other formats - hoping that Cinemagic would like one AND retain the sound.

How do I launch VideoWave directly? Does VW edit MOV files and retain the original sound track?

Thanks,

Steve

Sorry for the lack of details - So Santa brought us a Kodak ZI8 (flip-phone-like) camera. You use the supplied Kodak Media Impression software to download the movies as .MOV files (MPEG4 codec 640X480 - 30 fps - (a) .LAW 2:1 - 8000hz). I used the program - Any Video Converter to copy the MOV file to other formats - hoping that Cinemagic would like one AND retain the sound.

How do I launch VideoWave directly? Does VW edit MOV files and retain the original sound track?

Thanks,

Steve

I don't have EMC 10 installed anymore so can't be sure but I think you find Videowave on the Roxio start page under Edit - advanced or something similar.

OK. I'm trying it again. Start VideoWave - try new production - try various choices, then get a VideoWave 10 - production 1 window where I can play the video BUT NO Sound - what's the deal? Is there some setting I'm missing? Is it voodo? This is a very simple request, just to edit a few seconds out of a 40 second video while retaining the sound. UGH!!!

I don't have EMC 10 installed anymore so can't be sure but I think you find Videowave on the Roxio start page under Edit - advanced or something similar.

Thanks myguggi - got VW started - but no audio - what's the secret?

Many thanks,

Steve

OK guys - I'd like to attach a small video file (9Mb) which has sound when I play it in Windows. I keep getting an error message: no file selected - HELP!!!!

Thanks,

Steve

OK guys - I'd like to attach a small video file (9Mb) which has sound when I play it in Windows. I keep getting an error message: no file selected - HELP!!!!

Thanks,

Steve

Have you tried adding the mpg2 file to Vieo Wave since you use the converter to convert the mov file to mpg2?

You need to have the latest version of Quicktime on your computer. I had that camera and it would not work with the mov files. Use the comverted file.

Have you tried adding the mpg2 file to Vieo Wave since you use the converter to convert the mov file to mpg2?

You need to have the latest version of Quicktime on your computer. I had that camera and it would not work with the mov files. Use the comverted file.

Sknis - using your good advice I used Any Video Converter to convert my Kodak Media Impression-created MOV file to an MPEG-II and now VideoWave allows me to edit it WITH SOUND!!

I'll also time updating Quicktime on my PC

Archived