• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning From Tivo

Brewski 2000

Question

I didn't see a specific forum so came to general discussion.

It seems as though I can burn the DVD fine but it will only replay on the machine I used to burn it with. Is there a format conversion I also need to complete to be able to play the DVDs elsewhere? I have checked the network provider information by channel and the channels are not shown as being copyright restricted (shown as the very lowest security setting on the TiVo settings screen - by channel). I'm a beginner and may be missing something simple. I have no problem moving any of the videos from TiVo to my computer. Any guidance would be appreciated.

1 answer to this question

I didn't see a specific forum so came to general discussion.

It seems as though I can burn the DVD fine but it will only replay on the machine I used to burn it with. Is there a format conversion I also need to complete to be able to play the DVDs elsewhere? I have checked the network provider information by channel and the channels are not shown as being copyright restricted (shown as the very lowest security setting on the TiVo settings screen - by channel). I'm a beginner and may be missing something simple. I have no problem moving any of the videos from TiVo to my computer. Any guidance would be appreciated.

"I can burn the DVD fine" does not tell us very much. What you have to post is which program did you use to burn the DVD. From your description it seems like you simply burned a data disc which of course will not play on any DVD player but only on your computer. To create a DVD for playing on a DVD player you have to use the program "Create DVDs".

Archived