• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Never Before - What A Piece Of Garbage

XD45ACP

Question

This is, without a doubt, the most gwad-awful pile-of-shiat software I have ever had the misfortune of buying and installing. My system is so compromised that I've resigned myself to wiping it and reinstalling Windows.

Why in the =uck does it try to reinstall itself everytime I right-click? Why isn't there an .exe provided that will easily perform a complete uninstall?

I will never...NEVER...buy another Roxio product. EVER!!! You've totally lost me as a customer.

Jesus, where are my XP disks....

6 answers to this question

The most obvious answer is that somehow your mouse settings got screwed up. Did you look at those settings?

I need an assist then. The Mouse control panel doesn't allow you to control what context-sensitive action is taken when using the right mouse button. Where can this be viewed/changed?

From my desktop if I click on the My Computer icon, or any icon, it causes the installer to launch (I don't know how it's even able to run the installer since I've removed the software). If Windows Explorer is open and I right-click on a folder the same thing happens.

Thanks much.

I need an assist then. The Mouse control panel doesn't allow you to control what context-sensitive action is taken when using the right mouse button. Where can this be viewed/changed?

From my desktop if I click on the My Computer icon, or any icon, it causes the installer to launch (I don't know how it's even able to run the installer since I've removed the software). If Windows Explorer is open and I right-click on a folder the same thing happens.

Thanks much.

Trouble shooting here and throwing out some possible cures. Are you sure that it is the Roxio or Sonic msi that is trying to launch? There are several Roxio msi packages. Which one is showing up?

If you still have the program disc. Put it in your computer and see if you can do a repair or uninstall from the disc. If you can get it installed, use REVO Uninstaller in the moderate Mode to remove Creator 2011 . Revo is free from cnet.com. Revo may see it as it is so you might want to see if Creator 2011 shows up.

There is a paid for version of Revo Uninstaller. There is a free trial. It is supposed to uninstall even partially installed programs. I have not used it and really know little about it. I have use the free version with excellent results. I just don't know about the pay for version.

You might want to try to unregister the msi service. Follow this but don't reinstall. Microsoft has several articles on what to do if you have issues with Microsoft Windows Installer; google there for other possible cures.

Oh, about the mouse if you still need to. Go to Windows Device Manager and look for the mouse, uninstall it from there and then reboot. The mouse should be reinstalled when you do reboot. You will have to use your keyboard until the mouse is recognized. It is almost funny on how dependent we are on that little thing.

Instead of using four letter Anglo-Saxon, why not try telling us what is actually happening, what's going wong, what error message you're getting and your system specs and OS.

Rants have their place - but they don't actually SAY anything

Hey -

We do have some articles similar to the issue you are experiencing, but without errors messages or better symptoms, I really can't make any recommendations.

Anyway, I want to give you a hand here. Just fill this out the best you can we'll be happy to help:

•  
  • Error message encountered
  • Operating System (including service packs):
  • Make:
  • Model:
  • Processor speed:
  • RAM:
  • Free hard drive space:
  • I last did an operating system update on:

Jon

Roxio Customer Care

Hi all,

Without going into the "why" I decided to uninstall Creator 2011 Special Edition (purchased through Costco). I probably botched the uninstall given my level of frustration at the time. I've since followed the uninstall procedure documented in this forum -- apparently successfully except for one thing: using the Right-Click mouse button causes the Roxio Installer to launch. Doesn't matter what I right-click on. I have to click "Cancel" on two dialogs before the context sensitive menu shows up.

This is on an older Dell Dimension running XP SP3, all updates current, running ZoneAlaram and Avast!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi all,

Without going into the "why" I decided to uninstall Creator 2011 Special Edition (purchased through Costco). I probably botched the uninstall given my level of frustration at the time. I've since followed the uninstall procedure documented in this forum -- apparently successfully except for one thing: using the Right-Click mouse button causes the Roxio Installer to launch. Doesn't matter what I right-click on. I have to click "Cancel" on two dialogs before the context sensitive menu shows up.

This is on an older Dell Dimension running XP SP3, all updates current, running ZoneAlaram and Avast!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

The most obvious answer is that somehow your mouse settings got screwed up. Did you look at those settings?

Archived