Problems With Multiple Slideshows On One Disc

auldwullie

Question

Hi Folks,

First of all I am a new member and new to forums.

I have used the earlier editions of Roxio Creator with some success mostly for photo slideshows with added music. But they have all been one offs, that is just one slideshow on one disc, but now my problem is how do I put a series of holidays on one disc. My usual method is to burn the finished programme firstly as an ISO file, save it, and then burn it to the disc at a later time. I found this the best method when I was editing and burning movies otherwise I found that the process often stalled during the lengthy processing.

I am using Creator 2010 which I find surprisingly sluggish most of the time even the assembly process. I am also confused as to how many version of the same slideshow Creator makes and seems to scatter them in different places (probably just to confuse an old man) which are possibly down to me finding the newer Windows 7 more baffling than XP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Auldwullie

10 answers to this question

Hi folks

Special thanks to ogdens and Jim_Hardin for their help and response.

I checked out the links that Ogden kindly provided and I learned some new aspects for creating slideshows, particularly on the music side.

Jim, I followed your very detailed link and similarly learned a lot, but unfortunately you were using chapters or portions of Video which sadly rather confused this increasing tired old fella!

About half way down your link you had a scene showing

New Project with Unlinked Button? And Movie 1-4

That structure looks like something I would like to have for a series of Slideshows.

If you, or anyone, has the time and patience to produce a simpler version for a Photo and music slide show I would be very grateful.

I would like to re-iterate that I have created many individual slideshows in the past but my problem is trying to save a group and then putting a series onto one DVD.

Thank you, once again

auldwullie

Add all the movies you want on your DVD. Go to the top menu and click "Menu" then "Add Unlinked button and then follow these directions from the Create DVD Help menu:

Linking buttons to other content

After creating an unlinked button, you can link it to a particular production or menu. You can also link multiple productions together by creating a “play all” button.

A “play all” button causes a selection of productions to be played in succession when you select the button on the finished disc. For example, it is frequently used in commercial DVDs that contain several episodes of a TV series, allowing viewers to watch all the episodes, one after another, without returning to the menu. In MyDVD, you can create “play all” buttons that either play all the productions that are linked to the same menu or play every production in the project.

To create a button link:

1 In the Preview area, click the button to select it.

2 Choose View > Settings to open the Settings dialog box.

3 Click the Main button.

4 Choose a movie (and chapter point) or a menu from the Link lists. To create a “play all” button, choose either All movies on menu or All movies in project from the Link list.

Try it , it is easier than it reads.

Good to have a disc or 2 of DVD RW on hand for learning and experiments ;)

Keeps the frustration to a minimum since they are reusable :lol:

Don't hesitate to drop in here even just to bounce ideas around.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the advice about DVD RW I was thinking along those lines myself (HONEST!)

I have found out that ISO files are an IMAGE of the disc and therefore you can only burn one ISO file to one disc, hence my problem.

The different file formats used by software companies are the bane of my life! I just hope there will be a standard file used by all companies in the future,but I am not holding my breath. I may try to convert the files from Creator files to Mpeg4 which MAY be compatible with our PAL dvd players. Any thoughts on that Jim?

I am going away for a few days soon so I cannot respond to any replies immediately.Busy times for me in Leicestershire (pronounced Lester shear) in Central England.

Hope to speak to you again soon

Regards auldwullie

To make sure we are on the same page… You mentioned different file formats.

A DVD Movie is as universal as it gets! Even NTSC DVD Movies are playable on most PAL Players.

As far as file format for storage on your PC??? Doesn’t matter, since you can pour every video format there is into MyDVD and it is going to produce a Standard DVD Movie. (well there are some off the wall formats that Roxio will choke on ;) )

Here is a though ~ DVD Movies use VOB files for video. Those are actually mpeg2 files… So if everything were kept in mpeg2 :glare:

Hi Folks,

First of all I am a new member and new to forums.

I have used the earlier editions of Roxio Creator with some success mostly for photo slideshows with added music. But they have all been one offs, that is just one slideshow on one disc, but now my problem is how do I put a series of holidays on one disc. My usual method is to burn the finished programme firstly as an ISO file, save it, and then burn it to the disc at a later time. I found this the best method when I was editing and burning movies otherwise I found that the process often stalled during the lengthy processing.

I am using Creator 2010 which I find surprisingly sluggish most of the time even the assembly process. I am also confused as to how many version of the same slideshow Creator makes and seems to scatter them in different places (probably just to confuse an old man) which are possibly down to me finding the newer Windows 7 more baffling than XP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Auldwullie

Have a look at these:

http://www.emctips.com/

http://saknis.net/Roxio/V8-V9.htm

http://mymoments.roxio.com/enu/tips-and-tutorials.html

http://roxiocentral.roxio.com/enu/emc/v12_pro/learning_center.html'>http://roxiocentral.roxio.com/enu/emc/v12_pro/learning_center.html

http://roxiocentral.roxio.com/enu/emc/v12_pro/learning_center.html

While not specifically aimed at Slideshows, there are plenty of How To’s here like THIS one.

Also, If you go to the bottom of your home app and look at Learning Center… (assumes you turned it on – under the Help)

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your long and detailed post which is greatly appreciated.

Best wishes auldwullie

Hi folks

Special thanks to ogdens and Jim_Hardin for their help and response.

I checked out the links that Ogden kindly provided and I learned some new aspects for creating slideshows, particularly on the music side.

Jim, I followed your very detailed link and similarly learned a lot, but unfortunately you were using chapters or portions of Video which sadly rather confused this increasing tired old fella!

About half way down your link you had a scene showing

New Project with Unlinked Button? And Movie 1-4

That structure looks like something I would like to have for a series of Slideshows.

If you, or anyone, has the time and patience to produce a simpler version for a Photo and music slide show I would be very grateful.

I would like to re-iterate that I have created many individual slideshows in the past but my problem is trying to save a group and then putting a series onto one DVD.

Thank you, once again

auldwullie

Archived